Free and cheap weekend fun in Miami Feb. 1-3
Miami on the Cheap gives us the skinny on where to go when you're short on dough.
If you’re looking for fun things to do with weekend without spending a lot of money, we’ve got some ideas. To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in Miami-Dade, sign up for our newsletter. For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events.
Here are our five top picks for free and cheap weekend fun:
Take an art walk
The first Friday of the month is the popular Gallery Night in Coral Gables. You can walk from gallery to gallery or take the free trolley, with chances for free wine and snacks along the way.
Dance while you look at art
The Bass Museum of Art in Miami Beach hosts “Beats After Sunset,” an art and music happy three hours the first Friday of every month, with music by DJ Darwin Castillo. Grab a date (or a friend) and see the latest exhibits, have a drink and maybe even dance a little. Free to members, $10 for non-members.
Visit the Seaquarium and come back free all year
It’s fabulous weather for being outside. Florida residents who visit the Miami Seaquarium through March 3 will get an annual pass good for unlimited visits all years.
Visit a museum (or two or three) for free
This weekend, your Bank of America credit or debit card will get you free admission to 10 South Florida museums, including Miami Science Museum and the Fort Lauderdale Museum of Science and Discovery. The Museums of Us promotion is in effect the first weekend of every month. Find the full list here. You can also visit the Gold Coast Railroad Museum free this Saturday.
Learn to cook with a celebrity chef
Winn-Dixie is hosting free cooking demonstrations with famous chefs in advance of Calle Ocho. This Saturday, Feb. 2, Univision’s Maggie Jimenez, co-host of the show “Delicioso” will demonstrate three easy recipes (including a Strawberry Mint Mojito made with Kool-Aid).
See and Do
- Regent Cocktail Club in Miami Beach teams up with Bookleggers Mobile Library for cocktail night
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- Mad Cat’s ‘Lazy Fair’ at Miami Theater Center reunites partners in crime
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 14-16
- "Weird Al" Yankovic brings his masterful musical parody to South Florida
- 'Cirque du soleil: Varekai' heads to South Florida to weave a personal story with classic myth