Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 8-10
Miami on the Cheap keeps us in the know about events in Miami that won't put you in the poorhouse.
This weekend brings one of the biggest free events in Miami, Calle Ocho, where you can listen to free music all day on multiple stages. But we also have tips on free movies, free art and free activities for children. To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in South Florida, sign up for our newsletter. For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events.
Here are Miami on the Cheap’s top picks for free and cheap weekend fun March 8-10.
Free movie under the stars
See Steven Spielberg’s War Horse free as part of the Miami Beach outdoor film series Friday night at the North Shore Bandshell.
Introduce the arts to your kids
The Adrienne Arsht Center presents a free family fest starting at 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Enjoy ballet workshops, face-painting and more hands-on activities.
Let your kids create their own art
As long as you’re almost downtown, hop on the free MetroMover (worth riding just for the view) and take the kids to the Miami Art Museum’s free Family Festival, which includes music and a chance for families to create their own art.
Art, wine and more for grown-ups
The Miami Design District and Wynwood art walks, two of the most popular, start at 7 p.m. Saturday. Leave the kids at home and explore the art in two of Miami’s trendiest neighborhoods. Spectacle included.
Share your Miami story
HistoryMiami is hosting its free monthly Family Fun Day. This month’s theme is “Our Miami Story,” and residents are encouraged to make a 3-D family tree and share their stories for possible inclusion on the museum website.
If you’re looking ahead, check out how you can get free admission and discounts at the The Fair, which opens Thursday, March 14.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14