Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 8-10
Miami on the Cheap keeps us in the know about events in Miami that won't put you in the poorhouse.
This weekend brings one of the biggest free events in Miami, Calle Ocho, where you can listen to free music all day on multiple stages. But we also have tips on free movies, free art and free activities for children. To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in South Florida, sign up for our newsletter. For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events.
Here are Miami on the Cheap’s top picks for free and cheap weekend fun March 8-10.
Free movie under the stars
See Steven Spielberg’s War Horse free as part of the Miami Beach outdoor film series Friday night at the North Shore Bandshell.
Introduce the arts to your kids
The Adrienne Arsht Center presents a free family fest starting at 11:30 a.m. Saturday. Enjoy ballet workshops, face-painting and more hands-on activities.
Let your kids create their own art
As long as you’re almost downtown, hop on the free MetroMover (worth riding just for the view) and take the kids to the Miami Art Museum’s free Family Festival, which includes music and a chance for families to create their own art.
Art, wine and more for grown-ups
The Miami Design District and Wynwood art walks, two of the most popular, start at 7 p.m. Saturday. Leave the kids at home and explore the art in two of Miami’s trendiest neighborhoods. Spectacle included.
Share your Miami story
HistoryMiami is hosting its free monthly Family Fun Day. This month’s theme is “Our Miami Story,” and residents are encouraged to make a 3-D family tree and share their stories for possible inclusion on the museum website.
If you’re looking ahead, check out how you can get free admission and discounts at the The Fair, which opens Thursday, March 14.
See and Do
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami
- Whoopi Goldberg heads to the Arsht Center for a night of laughs