Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 29-31
Miami on the Cheap gives the scoop on what's free and cheap to do in Miami this weekend.
It’s Easter weekend, but the schedule of free and cheap things to do extends way beyond the Easter Bunny.
The Fair continues, with Sunday the last free Sunday FunDay for kids 6 to 12. We’ve also got the scoop on coupons and discounts for The Fair. If you must stay inside, Comcast Xfinity customers with On Demand can watch free HBO, Showtime, Starz and more through March 31. That includes all the episodes of “Magic City,” about Miami in the “Mad Men” era.
To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in South Florida, sign up for our newsletter. For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events.
Here are Miami on the Cheap’s top picks for free and cheap weekend fun March 29-31.
Viernes Culturales, or Cultural Friday
Friday night is the monthly street fair in Little Havana, which includes salsa, walking tours, a gallery walk, street performers and live music.
$6 for art films
This is the last weekend of Miami Film Month, which offers films at six Miami-Dade art cinemas for $6 each. The Tower will even throw in free popcorn, with a coupon. Participating cinemas are the Cosford Cinema in Coral Gables, the Coral Gables Art Cinema, Miami Beach Cinematheque, O Cinema Miami Shores, O Cinema Wynwood and the Tower, in Little Havana.
Cool jazz, cool venue
Friday night brings the free monthly jazz concert on the plaza of the Museum of Contemporary Art in North Miami. This week’s performers are the duo of Soul Understated. Galleries are open by donation 7 to 10 .m. Parking is easy and free. Find details here.
Free movies under the stars
Seize the change in temperature to see movies outdoors, because the weather won’t allow it much longer. You can see the animated movie “Madagascar 3” on the beach in Bal Harbour on Saturday or the spy thriller “The Bourne Identity” at the North Shore Bandshell in Miami Beach on Friday.
Hippity hoppity hunt
If your kids want to hunt for Easter eggs, there are several opportunities this weekend, with free egg hunts in Coral Gables, Miami and Miami Beach. You can also get $8 off admission to the Miami Seaquarium with this coupon and $5 admission for children 3 to 10 to Jungle Island. Find details and locations of free and cheap egg hunts here.
See and Do
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 19-21
- Five things you didn't know about DJ Irie
- Magic City Casino's Ultimate Miami challenge returns with comedy, drag queens, cocktails and more