Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 15-17
Free and cheap things to do this weekend courtesy of Miami on the Cheap
If you can’t find anything to do this weekend, you’ve been living under a rock. South Florida’s glorious winter season continues with all kinds of free and events for those who prefer their good times at a lower price.
This weekend brings the Bird Road Art Walk, two food truck events and, of course, The Fair. To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in South Florida, sign up for our newsletter. For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events.
Here are Miami on the Cheap’s top picks for free and cheap weekend fun March 15-17.
Coupons for the fair
For the younger set, The Fair is the big event for the next two week. But don’t set out before checking for free days and discount coupons.
Discount art films
If you’re suffering art film withdrawal after the Miami International Film Festival, take advantage of Miami Film Month, which offers discounted $6 admission to Miami-Dade film houses.
Big Night in Little Haiti
Friday brings the free monthly Big Night in Little Haiti celebration, with kids’ activities, food, art and free concerts, including performances by Papy Joy le Twoubadou and Magnum Band Beatz.
Free concert and a food truck roundup
Magic City Casino and The Burger Beast host the monthly food truck roundup at the Magic City Casino, with offerings from 20 Miami mobile meal makers. After dinner, stroll over to Secada’s for a free concert by the New Classic Rock All Stars.
Classic cars, music and more food trucks
The free 2013 Classic Car Show, Food Truck & Vendor Community Event will showcase car competitions, music, performances, local vendors and yet more food trucks at the PSN Town Center on Sunday.
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20
- Six Things you didn’t know about Miami Children’s Museum
- Robot bartenders and a 10-story slide. That’s life on the world's biggest cruise ship