Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 15-17
Free and cheap things to do this weekend courtesy of Miami on the Cheap
If you can’t find anything to do this weekend, you’ve been living under a rock. South Florida’s glorious winter season continues with all kinds of free and events for those who prefer their good times at a lower price.
This weekend brings the Bird Road Art Walk, two food truck events and, of course, The Fair. To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in South Florida, sign up for our newsletter. For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events.
Here are Miami on the Cheap’s top picks for free and cheap weekend fun March 15-17.
Coupons for the fair
For the younger set, The Fair is the big event for the next two week. But don’t set out before checking for free days and discount coupons.
Discount art films
If you’re suffering art film withdrawal after the Miami International Film Festival, take advantage of Miami Film Month, which offers discounted $6 admission to Miami-Dade film houses.
Big Night in Little Haiti
Friday brings the free monthly Big Night in Little Haiti celebration, with kids’ activities, food, art and free concerts, including performances by Papy Joy le Twoubadou and Magnum Band Beatz.
Free concert and a food truck roundup
Magic City Casino and The Burger Beast host the monthly food truck roundup at the Magic City Casino, with offerings from 20 Miami mobile meal makers. After dinner, stroll over to Secada’s for a free concert by the New Classic Rock All Stars.
Classic cars, music and more food trucks
The free 2013 Classic Car Show, Food Truck & Vendor Community Event will showcase car competitions, music, performances, local vendors and yet more food trucks at the PSN Town Center on Sunday.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15