Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 1-3
Miami on the Cheap has your itinerary for weekend fun that won't break the bank.
There are so many free things to do this weekend that you may wish you could clone yourself. You can listen to music all day and night at Carnaval on the Mile in Coral Gables, celebrate Dr. Seuss’ birthday, visit museums free and sample free theater at the Miami Made festival. To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in South Florida, sign up for our newsletter. For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events.
Rock, roll, salsa and merengue all day
The annual Carnaval on the Mile is back, with bands playing on three stages in Coral Gables from morning until night. The free event also includes art, food and activities for children.
Experience made in Miami performances
The free Miami Made Festival showcases works in progress by Florida playwrights, actors and artists. Offerings include a black comedy about cancer and a dance performance that includes 50-plus sculpted canaries.
Eat cake with ‘The Cat in the Hat’
Even if you don’t like green eggs and ham, you’ll want to hop on pop over to the Dr. Seuss 109th birthday celebration at the Miami Children’s Museum on Friday. Admission is free all day.
See an Oscar-winning film
The Artist, the silent film that won the Oscar for Best Picture in 2012, is being screened free Friday under the stars in Miami Beach.
Spend a weekend with museums and art
If you like art, you have a choice of three art walks and 10 free museums in South Florida this weekend. Celebrate art in Coconut Grove, South Beach or Coral Gables, visit museums free Saturday or Sunday with the Bank of America Museums on Us program.
See and Do
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- Miami Bike Paths Guide
- Planning Your Girlfriend Getaway in Miami
- Five ways to punish Miami drivers who keep plowing through the poles to get to the I-95 express lanes
- 15 cultural events in Miami you can't miss - June 16-30
- 13 hot events in Miami in July 2016
- Fourth of July Guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Five reasons you should dress like an early 20th century Irishman on Bloomsday
- Top 4 events during Irie Weekend