Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 22-24
Miami on the Cheap dishes on the free and cheap events in Miami this weekend.
If you like children’s books and poetry, this is the weekend to celebrate. Or celebrate art, culture, food and music at the same time at the monthly Cultural Fridays/Viernes Culturales celebration in Little Havana. To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in Miami-Dade, sign up for our newsletter. For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events.
Learn more about the inauguration poet
Richard Blanco, the Miami-raised poet chosen to compose a poem for the inauguration of President Barack Obama, will read and talk about his work Friday at a free event in Miami.
Culture, Little Havana-style
Viernes Culturales (Cultural Fridays), a free monthly arts and music festival, includes dancing under the stars, domino games, cigar rollers, cafecitos and mojitos.
‘King Kong’ hits Miami Beach
See a free movie under the stars Friday when ‘King Kong’ visits the North Shore bandshell in Miami Beach.
Go, Dog, Go to Doral
The City of Doral is celebrating Dr. Seuss’ birthday with a free party Saturday, with activities for kids, crafts, story time and fun foods. See the places you’ll go for the event.
History from those who lived it
Celebrate Black History Month at HistoryMiami museum’s free panel discussion Saturday with stories of what integration meant to students at Miami’s five historically black high schools.
Become the puppeteer
Kids can learn about puppets and create projects, play games and win prizes Sunday afternoon at the Bass Museum of Art in Miami Beach during the free monthly IDEA@thebass.
See and Do
- Miami Events - December 2015
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Week: Nov 30 - Dec 5
- Eddie Izzard comes to Miami with 'Force Majeure' tour
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off