Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 5-7
Miami on the Cheap gives us a few ideas about what to do this weekend without breaking the bank.
As winter winds down, we have a chance to enjoy a few more glorious outdoor weekends before summer storms in.
This weekend brings the us the last Noches Tropicales concert, as well as the New World Symphony Wallcast. You’ve also got the chance to participate in four art walks, visit museums free and go to a Brazilian carnaval.
To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in South Florida, sign up for our newsletter. For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events.
Here are Miami on the Cheap’s top picks for free and cheap weekend fun April 5-7.
Walk, art, wine, talk
Grab some of your friends and sip free wine while developing your inner art critic at four events this weekend. You can join free art walks Friday night in Coral Gables, Saturday night in South Beach or Coconut Grove or Sunday at noon in Little Haiti.
Get your culture on for free
If you have a Bank of America or Merrill Lynch credit card or debit card, you can visit a number of museums free this weekend throughout South Florida (and the rest of the country). It’s the regular free first Saturday event at the Gold Coast Railroad Museum. And, the Wolfsonian is free every Friday night, with tours of the exhibits and free musical performances.
Towering symphony performance
Saturday night is the free New World Symphony Wallcast, a unique broadcast of symphony performances projected on the 7,000-square-foot wall at Miami Beach soundscape. If you prefer your classical concerts indoors, you can hear a free classical concert by the Alhambra Orchestra at 7 p.m. Sunday in the Grove.
Merengue and Swing, plus Brazil
Tony Swing will perform merengue at the last Noches Tropicales/Tropical Nights concert of the season Friday night at Tropical Park. We are going to guess there will be dancing, too. If you want more tropical music on Saturday night, drop by Doral’s free Brazilian Carnaval.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15