Free and cheap events in Miami - March 22-24
Miami on the Cheap dishes on this weekend's free and cheap events.
Movies, music, science, home design – this weekend promises to bring plenty to do in South Florida, much of it free or cheap.
The Fair continues, and the Miami Home Design & Remodeling Show takes over the Miami Beach Convention Center. You can save by using coupons for both. Miami Film Month means $6 admission to films at Miami’s art cinemas. To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in South Florida, sign up for our newsletter. For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events.
Here are Miami on the Cheap’s top picks for free and cheap weekend fun March 22-24.
Go off to see the wizard
You probably don’t remember the novelty of seeing The Wizard of Oz break out in living color on your home TV, and your kids certainly don’t remember black and white. But the 1939 film about Dorothy, Toto, the Tin Man, the Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion is still captivating decades later. See it free Friday night at the North Shore Park bandshell in Miami Beach.
From Medellin to Miami
Two decades ago, the trio of musicians who make up Seresta created a new genre of Colombian folk music, played on clarinet, guitar and mandolin. The Latin Grammy-nominated musicians will perform a free concert Friday at Miami-Dade College.
Meet 1,000 Brainiacs
Do your kids know how their brains work? Do you? Explore the inner workings of the brain with lectures for adults and fun activities for children all day Saturday with the free Miami Brain Fair at the Miami Science Museum.
See the home show for less
The Miami Home Design & Remodeling Show is Friday through Sunday at the Miami Beach Convention Center. Talk to remodeling contractors and see the latest in home design. Better yet, get $2 off admission with a printable couple or get $3 off by buying your ticket online in advance.
Free Sunday FunDay at The Fair
Children 6 to 12 get into The Fair free the next two Sundays with a paid adult admission and a printable coupon. This Sunday features visits from ZooMiami residents and friends. Find details and the coupon here. If you want to go another day, be sure to check on free days and coupons.
See and Do
- These are the free and cheap events you can't miss in Miami this weekend - Oct. 28-30
- Halloween events for families, fitness freaks and just plain freaks
- Discover Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Little Haiti's galleries, shops and bars
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23