Freddo brings helado to Lincoln Road
Argentinean treats arrive on South Beach this fall.
610 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach
Opening Sept/Oct 2014
Sate your sweet tooth with a taste of Argentina this fall as Freddo brings helado to Lincoln Road.
Billed as an "ice cream-gelato hybrid," the helado is available in 30 flavors, including dulce de leche and chocolate as well as sorbet and light varieties. Top sellers include Grand Dulce de Leche, Zamaione and green apple sorbet. Freddinos (helado blended with coffee), smoothies and sundaes are also available.
Freddo has been serving helado in Argentina since 1969 and operates stores in six South American countries and the UK.
The South Beach shop is scheduled to open in September or October at 610 Lincoln Rd.
- Miami chefs lead Build Your Own Brunch to benefit United Way of Miami-Dade
- Pubbelly Sushi is being exported to the Dominican Republic
- Miami chefs to promote South Florida, equality in Costa Rica culinary trips
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation
- Restaurant closures: 1826 in Miami Beach, Southern Swank Kitchen in Davie
- Barley to open a second Dadeland restaurant in Kendall