Freddo brings helado to Lincoln Road
Argentinean treats arrive on South Beach this fall.
Sate your sweet tooth with a taste of Argentina this fall as Freddo brings helado to Lincoln Road.
Billed as an "ice cream-gelato hybrid," the helado is available in 30 flavors, including dulce de leche and chocolate as well as sorbet and light varieties. Top sellers include Grand Dulce de Leche, Zamaione and green apple sorbet. Freddinos (helado blended with coffee), smoothies and sundaes are also available.
Freddo has been serving helado in Argentina since 1969 and operates stores in six South American countries and the UK.
The South Beach shop is scheduled to open in September or October at 610 Lincoln Rd.
610 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach
Opening Sept/Oct 2014
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day
- Who has Miami's favorite fried chicken?
- This local Haitian chef will be on Food Network — again
- A reason for Miami foodies to drive north to Palm Beach