New neighborhood bar on Miami Beach has speakeasy feel
Perhaps its the unmarked entrance located in an alley in the heart of Miami Beach. Maybe it's the gun rack full of relics on the walls upstairs. Could be the video game arcade area that includes the timeless classics of Galaga and Ms. Pac Man.
Whatever the reason, the new Foxhole bar is sure to provide a welcomed option for those who want to hit a speakeasy-style watering hole, but not feel like they have to visit a dive bar to do it.
Located in the alley behind famed restauranteur Barton G and attached to a Dominos Pizza, Foxhole will have plenty of seating at its first floor bar and second floor lounge areas. The arcade area as you walk in features several coin-operated games as well as pool table and a wall designed by New York-based graffiti artist Curtis Kulig, best known for his two word cursive tag "Love Me" in spots all over NYC, Los Angeles and Tokyo. When a DJ isn't driving the tunes, you can choose from a web-based jukebox that will stream in your favorites.
And there will be plenty of television screens throughout so you don't miss any sporting action, including Miami Dolphins on Sundays and the upcoming Miami Heat and Miami Marlins seasons.
Drinks will be moderately priced, with beers starting at $6 for domestic and cocktails will start at $11 for the well. A custom cocktail menu will be created once the doors finally open. (It's not like the place isn't ready. Seems the city of MIami Beach is taking their time making sure all permits are approved and codes are met. Gotta love government red tape.)
Now the tricky part - getting inside. Don't expect a big neon sign announcing Foxhole's location. You'll have to figure out which door in the alley takes you into this dugout. Sometimes there might be a doorman outside controlling the capacity. (It's not that big of a place, hence the name.) Sometimes there might not be anyone outside. Just make sure you're in the right alley, because you never know what you may find behind a door on Miami Beach.
Foxhole, located in an alley somewhere between Alton Road and West Ave., is scheduled to open sometime soon, perhaps as early as Friday, Dec. 23, 2011. Check the Foxhole Facebook page for the latest on opening night.
- Go Drink This: Bari
- Go Drink This: Mojito Illegal
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice set to bring frosty fun to Miami nightlife
- The 10 Must-Have Cocktails in Miami this Summer
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Toscana Divino in Brickell
- Sunset Swim, Bacchanal at Bagatelle, see J Alvarez for free, beer & clay at the Wolfsonian & free Wapo Tacos!
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut
- Freedom's just another word for an excuse to booze, plus a dinner and drag show!
- Go Drink This: Ginger Berry Smash
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: EDGE Steak & Bar at the Four Seasons Miami