Former Fisher Island chef lands at Biscayne Boulevard's Amuse
Kenneth Williams promises light, fresh, locally sourced & seasonal
Casa Moderna, the Biscayne Boulevard hotel formerly known as Tempo, has signed Chef Kenneth Williams, formerly of Fisher Island Club to head up the kitchen at its restaurant, Amuse. "He was part of the team that introduced local, fresh seafood to an iconic New York steakhouse at the Fontainebleau's Gotham Steak," said the hotel's GM Matt Fenn. Williams is redesigning the restaurant's menu focusing on--wait for it--"locally sourced, seasonal ingredients."
“I’m envisioning a menu that is light, fresh and full of color, flavor and textural contrasts,” Williams said. “We’ll also focus on pairing ingredients that have some relevance to one another. For example, we would pair branzino, a Mediterranean fish, with olives, capers and lemons, rather than lemongrass and ginger. With only 44 seats, Amuse is such an intimate dining room that we can truly create one-of-a-kind meals every night of the week.”
Here's the menu:
Hamachi crudo: 24
Red grapefruit and mint.
Pan seared crab cakes: 20
Roasted red pepper sauce.
Seared sea scallops: 18
Chipotle glazed mango and basil lime sauce.
Spring rolls: 12
Curry vegetable and chicken, sweet chili sauce.
Grilled skirt steak sweet plantain skewers: 16
Papaya, yogurt, and cucumber relish.
Amuse salad: 11
Baby greens, cucumber, cherry tomato, carrots,
pickled onion and balsamic dressing.
Roasted candy cane beet, fennel and orange salad: 14
Baby greens, beets, fennel, orange segments, and orange dressing.
Burrata and heirloom tomato: 18
Lola Rosa and truffle vinaigrette.
Caesar salad: 10
Crispy romaine hearts, grated parmesan, and home-made Caesar dressing.
Crab and avocado salad: 18
Pressed salad of lump crabmeat, chives, avocado, and cilantro,
lemon mayonnaise and heirloom tomato.
Grilled prawns: 32
Sautéed haricot vert and yellow wax beans. Cilantro lime sauce.
Grilled salmon: 25
Chipotle mustard glaze. Wasabi mashed potatoes
and lemon pepper broccoli rapini.
Pan seared with butternut risotto, ancho chili, and basil oils.
Grilled sautéed wild mushrooms, haricot vert, and artichoke hearts
in a mushroom sauce.
Miso and sesame crusted. Baby bok choy, wakame seaweed salad,
asian pear, and soy sauce.
Lamb chops: 30
Grilled mustard, herb crust with horseradish mashed potatoes,
sweet and sour onion rings,haricot vert and rosemary butter.
Filet mignon: 36
Grilled with spinach basil mashed potato, baby carrots porcini herb butter.
14oz New York steak: 42
Grilled with black garlic potato flan, grilled asparagus,
and balsamic demi reduction.
Boneless organic half chicken: 24
Roasted with grilled Okinawa sweet potato, glazed Brussels sprouts,
sherry and thyme sauce.
1100 Biscayne Blvd.
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab