Former Fisher Island chef lands at Biscayne Boulevard's Amuse
Kenneth Williams promises light, fresh, locally sourced & seasonal
1100 Biscayne Blvd.
Casa Moderna, the Biscayne Boulevard hotel formerly known as Tempo, has signed Chef Kenneth Williams, formerly of Fisher Island Club to head up the kitchen at its restaurant, Amuse. "He was part of the team that introduced local, fresh seafood to an iconic New York steakhouse at the Fontainebleau's Gotham Steak," said the hotel's GM Matt Fenn. Williams is redesigning the restaurant's menu focusing on--wait for it--"locally sourced, seasonal ingredients."
“I’m envisioning a menu that is light, fresh and full of color, flavor and textural contrasts,” Williams said. “We’ll also focus on pairing ingredients that have some relevance to one another. For example, we would pair branzino, a Mediterranean fish, with olives, capers and lemons, rather than lemongrass and ginger. With only 44 seats, Amuse is such an intimate dining room that we can truly create one-of-a-kind meals every night of the week.”
Here's the menu:
Hamachi crudo: 24
Red grapefruit and mint.
Pan seared crab cakes: 20
Roasted red pepper sauce.
Seared sea scallops: 18
Chipotle glazed mango and basil lime sauce.
Spring rolls: 12
Curry vegetable and chicken, sweet chili sauce.
Grilled skirt steak sweet plantain skewers: 16
Papaya, yogurt, and cucumber relish.
Amuse salad: 11
Baby greens, cucumber, cherry tomato, carrots,
pickled onion and balsamic dressing.
Roasted candy cane beet, fennel and orange salad: 14
Baby greens, beets, fennel, orange segments, and orange dressing.
Burrata and heirloom tomato: 18
Lola Rosa and truffle vinaigrette.
Caesar salad: 10
Crispy romaine hearts, grated parmesan, and home-made Caesar dressing.
Crab and avocado salad: 18
Pressed salad of lump crabmeat, chives, avocado, and cilantro,
lemon mayonnaise and heirloom tomato.
Grilled prawns: 32
Sautéed haricot vert and yellow wax beans. Cilantro lime sauce.
Grilled salmon: 25
Chipotle mustard glaze. Wasabi mashed potatoes
and lemon pepper broccoli rapini.
Pan seared with butternut risotto, ancho chili, and basil oils.
Grilled sautéed wild mushrooms, haricot vert, and artichoke hearts
in a mushroom sauce.
Miso and sesame crusted. Baby bok choy, wakame seaweed salad,
asian pear, and soy sauce.
Lamb chops: 30
Grilled mustard, herb crust with horseradish mashed potatoes,
sweet and sour onion rings,haricot vert and rosemary butter.
Filet mignon: 36
Grilled with spinach basil mashed potato, baby carrots porcini herb butter.
14oz New York steak: 42
Grilled with black garlic potato flan, grilled asparagus,
and balsamic demi reduction.
Boneless organic half chicken: 24
Roasted with grilled Okinawa sweet potato, glazed Brussels sprouts,
sherry and thyme sauce.
- Tobacco Road goes adrift: A Miamian's lament of historic bar's corporate partnership
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto