Football season kicks off in South Florida
Get ready for football season with fun events for NFL and college football fans in South Florida.
Are you ready for some football? How about the drink specials that come along with watching said sport? This week jump into football season at some tailgate-tastic events for fans in South Florida.
NFL Season kick off at Jimmy's BBQ
Jon Vilma and his NFL player partners DJ Williams and Jon Beason are inviting rabid NFL super fans to show their team pride at the Kick-Off to the NFL Season on Thursday, Sept. 5 at 7 p.m. For those who take their spirit to the next level (ie face pain, foam fingers and pom poms), your fandom will get you 50% off the bill. Drink specials all night long including $5 Bacardi Oak & Coke's plus there will be a DJ and outdoor tailgating games in the courtyard. DJ & outdoor tailgating games in the courtyard.
900 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 786-360-3650
Miami Pep Rally at Tobacco Road
Over 1,000 people expected for the biggest Pep-Rally South Florida has ever seen as fans take over Miami's oldest Bar, Tobacco Road this Friday. The official party of the Miami Gator Club will include Gator Football Greats, the Miami based band TILT and hip-hop sensation Brenton. Drink and food specials at Tobacco Road include $2.50 drafts, $3.50 cocktails, Swamp Burgers & Dogs, House Smoked Ibis Wings & Gator Chili. Food Trucks in attendance include Latin Burger, 2 Jive Turkey's and more.
626 S Miami Ave Miami; 305-374-1198
Broward County Gator Club UF vs. UM Pre-Party
Calling all Gators! The University of Florida Alumni Association is hosting a soiree for members on Friday starting at 6 p.m. where members can get free appetizers and a free drink. The fun takes place at The Swamp Bar at Seminole Paradise and if you are not yet a member you can sign up online or at the door.
5721 Seminole Way, Hollywood
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15