Football season kicks off in South Florida
Get ready for football season with fun events for NFL and college football fans in South Florida.
Are you ready for some football? How about the drink specials that come along with watching said sport? This week jump into football season at some tailgate-tastic events for fans in South Florida.
NFL Season kick off at Jimmy's BBQ
Jon Vilma and his NFL player partners DJ Williams and Jon Beason are inviting rabid NFL super fans to show their team pride at the Kick-Off to the NFL Season on Thursday, Sept. 5 at 7 p.m. For those who take their spirit to the next level (ie face pain, foam fingers and pom poms), your fandom will get you 50% off the bill. Drink specials all night long including $5 Bacardi Oak & Coke's plus there will be a DJ and outdoor tailgating games in the courtyard. DJ & outdoor tailgating games in the courtyard.
900 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 786-360-3650
Miami Pep Rally at Tobacco Road
Over 1,000 people expected for the biggest Pep-Rally South Florida has ever seen as fans take over Miami's oldest Bar, Tobacco Road this Friday. The official party of the Miami Gator Club will include Gator Football Greats, the Miami based band TILT and hip-hop sensation Brenton. Drink and food specials at Tobacco Road include $2.50 drafts, $3.50 cocktails, Swamp Burgers & Dogs, House Smoked Ibis Wings & Gator Chili. Food Trucks in attendance include Latin Burger, 2 Jive Turkey's and more.
626 S Miami Ave Miami; 305-374-1198
Broward County Gator Club UF vs. UM Pre-Party
Calling all Gators! The University of Florida Alumni Association is hosting a soiree for members on Friday starting at 6 p.m. where members can get free appetizers and a free drink. The fun takes place at The Swamp Bar at Seminole Paradise and if you are not yet a member you can sign up online or at the door.
5721 Seminole Way, Hollywood
See and Do
- Michael Franti & Spearhead headline music and yoga festival
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13