It's foodie Monday as UM celebrates Food Day
University of Miami
1252 Memorial Dr, Coral Gables
It's foodie Monday as UM celebrates Food Day on October 24. The national event is intended to promote healthful eating, sustainable agriculture and worker well-being - all events are free and open to the public:
- Farmers Market: Locally grown, organic produce; 9am-3pm between the University Center and Richter Library, 1301 Stanford Dr.
- Displays: Community groups showcase their agendas and activities; 10am-noon, University Center
- Panel discussion: Local experts discuss food-policy issues; 5-6:30pm, College of Arts and Sciences Gallery at the Wesley Foundation, 1210 Stanford Dr.
- Film screenings: Fresh, a celebration of farmers and others who are re-inventing the U.S. system, and Grow!, a look at a new generation of sustainable farmers; 7-10pm, College of Arts and Sciences Gallery.
- Seating for the panel and screenings will be first-come, first-served; www.miami.edu/civic
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon
- Stephen Starr to open second restaurant in Bal Harbour
- Philly diner Green Eggs Cafe opens in Aventura
- New restaurants add to Doral's food options
- Escopazzo closes in South Beach after 21-year run
- Ikra Restaurant & Lounge opens in Sunny Isles Beach
- The List: Zona Fresca's Tim Dobravolskis
- An alternative to Art Basel: Tour a Homestead tomato farm