It's foodie Monday as UM celebrates Food Day
University of Miami
1252 Memorial Dr, Coral Gables
It's foodie Monday as UM celebrates Food Day on October 24. The national event is intended to promote healthful eating, sustainable agriculture and worker well-being - all events are free and open to the public:
- Farmers Market: Locally grown, organic produce; 9am-3pm between the University Center and Richter Library, 1301 Stanford Dr.
- Displays: Community groups showcase their agendas and activities; 10am-noon, University Center
- Panel discussion: Local experts discuss food-policy issues; 5-6:30pm, College of Arts and Sciences Gallery at the Wesley Foundation, 1210 Stanford Dr.
- Film screenings: Fresh, a celebration of farmers and others who are re-inventing the U.S. system, and Grow!, a look at a new generation of sustainable farmers; 7-10pm, College of Arts and Sciences Gallery.
- Seating for the panel and screenings will be first-come, first-served; www.miami.edu/civic
- Indulge in a Krug dinner at the Dutch Sept 3
- Miami Spice Mash-Up grand finale
- Brush up on grill skills at BLT Prime this weekend
- Flex your mussels at Bistro BE and Colette
- Freddo brings helado to Lincoln Road
- Craft beer dinners bubble up in Miami
- Best Burger in Miami? Zagat says db Bistro Moderne
- National Hotel appoints Gastón Sánchez as new executive chef
- Nobu celebrates 20 years with $120 omakase menu
- What's the Best? 5 Fantastic Fritas Cubanas