It's foodie Monday as UM celebrates Food Day
University of Miami
1252 Memorial Dr, Coral Gables
It's foodie Monday as UM celebrates Food Day on October 24. The national event is intended to promote healthful eating, sustainable agriculture and worker well-being - all events are free and open to the public:
- Farmers Market: Locally grown, organic produce; 9am-3pm between the University Center and Richter Library, 1301 Stanford Dr.
- Displays: Community groups showcase their agendas and activities; 10am-noon, University Center
- Panel discussion: Local experts discuss food-policy issues; 5-6:30pm, College of Arts and Sciences Gallery at the Wesley Foundation, 1210 Stanford Dr.
- Film screenings: Fresh, a celebration of farmers and others who are re-inventing the U.S. system, and Grow!, a look at a new generation of sustainable farmers; 7-10pm, College of Arts and Sciences Gallery.
- Seating for the panel and screenings will be first-come, first-served; www.miami.edu/civic
- Kouzina adds Greek influence to the Design District
- RA Sushi hosts Nicky's Week fundraiser
- Eat well & do good May 18 at Temaris
- Support Boston victims at a Meat Market cocktail dinner
- Join Essensia for a May 22 garden party
- Icebox Cafe opens in Sunset Harbor
- Feast on an "epic" seven-course meal at Tongue & Cheek May 20
- Eat, drink & mingle with Dave Barry May 16
- Toast American Craft Beer Week
- The Dutch launches $33 lunch menu