It's foodie Monday as UM celebrates Food Day
It's foodie Monday as UM celebrates Food Day on October 24. The national event is intended to promote healthful eating, sustainable agriculture and worker well-being - all events are free and open to the public:
- Farmers Market: Locally grown, organic produce; 9am-3pm between the University Center and Richter Library, 1301 Stanford Dr.
- Displays: Community groups showcase their agendas and activities; 10am-noon, University Center
- Panel discussion: Local experts discuss food-policy issues; 5-6:30pm, College of Arts and Sciences Gallery at the Wesley Foundation, 1210 Stanford Dr.
- Film screenings: Fresh, a celebration of farmers and others who are re-inventing the U.S. system, and Grow!, a look at a new generation of sustainable farmers; 7-10pm, College of Arts and Sciences Gallery.
- Seating for the panel and screenings will be first-come, first-served; www.miami.edu/civic
University of Miami
1252 Memorial Dr, Coral Gables
- Learn to grill from an Argentine master
- Chefs Aaron Brooks, Dena Marino and Jose Mendin collaborate on a one-night only dinner at Four SeasonsOrlando
- The best spots in Miami to celebrate International Sushi Day
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Brickell Restaurant Week begins today
- COYO Taco opens in Brickell today
- Celeb chef Michelle Bernstein out at Seagrape
- MiMo's The Federal will close for a week, reopen with new name, concept