It's foodie Monday as UM celebrates Food Day
University of Miami
1252 Memorial Dr, Coral Gables
It's foodie Monday as UM celebrates Food Day on October 24. The national event is intended to promote healthful eating, sustainable agriculture and worker well-being - all events are free and open to the public:
- Farmers Market: Locally grown, organic produce; 9am-3pm between the University Center and Richter Library, 1301 Stanford Dr.
- Displays: Community groups showcase their agendas and activities; 10am-noon, University Center
- Panel discussion: Local experts discuss food-policy issues; 5-6:30pm, College of Arts and Sciences Gallery at the Wesley Foundation, 1210 Stanford Dr.
- Film screenings: Fresh, a celebration of farmers and others who are re-inventing the U.S. system, and Grow!, a look at a new generation of sustainable farmers; 7-10pm, College of Arts and Sciences Gallery.
- Seating for the panel and screenings will be first-come, first-served; www.miami.edu/civic
- Oolite to debut vegan dishes at Conscious Bite Out dinner Dec. 11
- Lique Restaurant & Lounge opens on Intracoastal Waterway in North Miami Beach
- Sandbar in Coconut Grove is renamed The Hot Rock after 'Bar Rescue' takeover
- Kuro Japanese restaurant to open at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- The List: Mignonette and Blue Collar chef-owner Danny Serfer
- Beefed-up seafood menu at Steak 954
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014