It's foodie Monday as UM celebrates Food Day
It's foodie Monday as UM celebrates Food Day on October 24. The national event is intended to promote healthful eating, sustainable agriculture and worker well-being - all events are free and open to the public:
- Farmers Market: Locally grown, organic produce; 9am-3pm between the University Center and Richter Library, 1301 Stanford Dr.
- Displays: Community groups showcase their agendas and activities; 10am-noon, University Center
- Panel discussion: Local experts discuss food-policy issues; 5-6:30pm, College of Arts and Sciences Gallery at the Wesley Foundation, 1210 Stanford Dr.
- Film screenings: Fresh, a celebration of farmers and others who are re-inventing the U.S. system, and Grow!, a look at a new generation of sustainable farmers; 7-10pm, College of Arts and Sciences Gallery.
- Seating for the panel and screenings will be first-come, first-served; www.miami.edu/civic
University of Miami
1252 Memorial Dr, Coral Gables
- This renovated firehouse with two names has become a Brickell staple
- Miami's favorite croquetas by Yelpers in honor of Croquetapalooza
- 5 fun foodie activities to do with kids in Miami
- Wynwood businesses reopen after Zika scare
- Michy fans: Fried chicken is back
- Grandma's recipes play into new Estefan Kitchen
- This "clean eating" South Beach restaurant to open Brickell spot
- Croquetas get star treatment at Croquetapalooza
- UberEATS expands delivery west to Coral Gables, Coconut Grove, South Miami
- Can these cupcakes save Lolita the killer whale?