Food events: March 30
Beer 101: Registration deadline is at close of business Wednesday for this class in craft beers slated for six 7:30-9:30 p.m. sessions March 31-May 5. The course for ages 21 and up covers how they are made, their history and styles plus beer tastings. Miami Dade College-Kendall Campus, 11011 SW 104th St., Kendall; $125 for six sessions. 305-237-2976.
Gulfstream Green Market: 4-9 p.m., The Village at Gulfstream Park, 501 S. Federal Hwy., Champions Plaza, Hallandale Beach; 305-531-0038.
Terraspania Spanish Wine Tasting: Sample wines from the import company; 7 p.m., Wine Watch Inc., 901 Progresso Dr., Fort Lauderdale; $35, reservations required. 954-523-9463.
Tropical Fruit & Vegetable Society of The Redland: Lecture on tropical fruits and vegetables, free tasting table, plant exchange and horticultural library; 7:30 p.m., Redland Fruit and Spice Park, 24801 SW 187th Ave., Redland; free. 305-247-5727.
University of Miami Farmer’s Market: 9 a.m.-2 p.m., University of Miami Main Campus, Stanford Drive and U.S. 1, west of the Student Center, Coral Gables. 305-531-0038.
Wednesday Wine & Movie Night: Wine tasting series hosted by Barry Alberts followed by a classic or foreign film shown in the adjacent screening room (or choose any first-run film in one of the Paragon’s 13 auditoriums for $5); 6:30-8:30 p.m.(tasting) and 8:30 p.m. (screening); Paragon Theater at Backlot Wine Bar & Lounge, 3015 Grand Ave., third floor, Cocowalk, Coconut Grove; $15 (includes appetizers), $2 parking. 305-793-3120.
Whole Foods Market Events: www.wholefoodsmarket.com:
*5 Percent Day benefiting A Spring of Hope: The store donates 5 percent of the day’s net sales to A Spring of Hope, a nonprofit public foundation that builds water wells in rural African schools; 8 a.m.-10 p.m., 810 University Dr., Coral Springs. 954-753-8000.
*Lunch Club: Menu features tangy grilled pork chops with pears and blue cheese, Brussels sprouts with carrots and no-bake strawberry pie; noon-1 p.m., 2000 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; $10, registration required. 954-565-5655.
- Vegan cuisine is in Full Bloom in Miami Beach
- The List: 10 best Miami restaurants with Sugar Factory's chef
- Miami restaurant review: Marion's French glow shines on Brickell
- Miami food events: Pubbelly gets fishy, Vagabond chef Alex Chang cooks at Fooq's
- 9 new Asian restaurants in Miami and Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- 5 restaurant openings to know about in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Jimmy Carey of Jimmy'z Kitchen
- Jet Runway Café takes off in Fort Lauderdale
- Taste of Design gala is Saturday at the Moore Building in Miami