Food events: March 30
Beer 101: Registration deadline is at close of business Wednesday for this class in craft beers slated for six 7:30-9:30 p.m. sessions March 31-May 5. The course for ages 21 and up covers how they are made, their history and styles plus beer tastings. Miami Dade College-Kendall Campus, 11011 SW 104th St., Kendall; $125 for six sessions. 305-237-2976.
Gulfstream Green Market: 4-9 p.m., The Village at Gulfstream Park, 501 S. Federal Hwy., Champions Plaza, Hallandale Beach; 305-531-0038.
Terraspania Spanish Wine Tasting: Sample wines from the import company; 7 p.m., Wine Watch Inc., 901 Progresso Dr., Fort Lauderdale; $35, reservations required. 954-523-9463.
Tropical Fruit & Vegetable Society of The Redland: Lecture on tropical fruits and vegetables, free tasting table, plant exchange and horticultural library; 7:30 p.m., Redland Fruit and Spice Park, 24801 SW 187th Ave., Redland; free. 305-247-5727.
University of Miami Farmer’s Market: 9 a.m.-2 p.m., University of Miami Main Campus, Stanford Drive and U.S. 1, west of the Student Center, Coral Gables. 305-531-0038.
Wednesday Wine & Movie Night: Wine tasting series hosted by Barry Alberts followed by a classic or foreign film shown in the adjacent screening room (or choose any first-run film in one of the Paragon’s 13 auditoriums for $5); 6:30-8:30 p.m.(tasting) and 8:30 p.m. (screening); Paragon Theater at Backlot Wine Bar & Lounge, 3015 Grand Ave., third floor, Cocowalk, Coconut Grove; $15 (includes appetizers), $2 parking. 305-793-3120.
Whole Foods Market Events: www.wholefoodsmarket.com:
*5 Percent Day benefiting A Spring of Hope: The store donates 5 percent of the day’s net sales to A Spring of Hope, a nonprofit public foundation that builds water wells in rural African schools; 8 a.m.-10 p.m., 810 University Dr., Coral Springs. 954-753-8000.
*Lunch Club: Menu features tangy grilled pork chops with pears and blue cheese, Brussels sprouts with carrots and no-bake strawberry pie; noon-1 p.m., 2000 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; $10, registration required. 954-565-5655.
- Pubbelly's L'echon Brasserie closes in Miami Beach
- Five restaurants put Miami's fried chicken on the map
- Red Ginger rolls sushi and izakaya small plates in SoFi
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Eat the best of the wurst at Bavaria Haus in Bayside Marketplace
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine
- La Moderna Italian restaurant and bar opens in Sunset Harbour
- Kids Eat Free July 1-31: Feast on Munchkin Eats
- Michael Schwartz to close Cayman Islands outpost of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink