Food events: March 29
Barry University Green Market: 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Northeast 115th Street and NE Second Avenue, Miami Shores. 305-531-0038.
Star of the Show Flavors…Honey: Hands-on class; 6 p.m., Lenore Nolan-Ryan Cooking School & Catering, 228 Commercial Blvd., Lauderdale-By-The-Sea; $45, reservations required. 954-491-2340.
Whole Foods Market Events: www.wholefoodsmarket.com:
*Around the World with Wine Class-Sparkling Wines: The store’s sommelier takes participants 21 and older on a journey through sparkling wines; 7 p.m., 6701 Red Rd., Coral Gables; free, registration required. 305-421-9421.
*Wine Dinner Benefit: Three-course dinner for ages 21 and up features a South American wine paired with each course. Fifty percent of the proceeds benefits Whole Planet Foundation; 6:30 p.m., 810 University Dr., Coral Springs; $25. 954-753-8000.
*Food for Thought-Eat More Plants: Features the Engine 2 Diet, one of the Health Starts Here “getting started” programs; 7 p.m., 7720 Peters Rd., Plantation; free, reservations required. 954-236-0600.
Williams-Sonoma Demo-Perfecting Espresso: Free event, call for time; store locator at www.williams-sonoma.com.
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- How a historic pump house became a luxe new restaurant near Morningside
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers
- Forget cooking: Here's where to eat out for Thanksgiving
- This landmark Spanish market just popped up in downtown
- Mignonette oyster dinner features Miami Book Fair author Rowan Jacobsen
- These food celebs, authors are coming to Miami this week
- Miami's favorite al fresco dining spots, according to Yelp