Food events: March 28
Food and Wine Talk WSFG: Author Lisa Abend (“The Sorcerer’s Apprentices: A Season in the Kitchen at Ferran Adria’s el Bulli”), Doug Takizawa (Savory Choice, San Mateo, Calif.) and Sallie Byrd (Florida Heart Institute) join hosts Carole Kotkin and Simone Diament 11 a.m.-noon on www.southfloridagourmet.com.
Whole Foods Market Events: www.wholefoodsmarket.com:
*Vegetarian Lunch Club: With chef Lynn of Whole Foods Market. Menu features Mediterranean crunch salad, Greek roasted vegetables and grilled fruit kebabs with pineapple mint glaze; noon-1 p.m., 2000 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; $10, registration required. 954-565-5655.
*Healthy Eating Store Tour: Learn more about Aggregate Nutrient Density Index (ANDI) scoring system and what to look out for when reading labels and tips on how to incorporate more nutrient-dense foods into diet; 7 p.m., 7720 Peters Rd., Plantation; free, reservations required. 954-236-0600.
- Inside North Beach's Hilton Cabana & L'Echon Brasserie
- Porfirio's Restaurant puts upscale Mexican food in South Beach
- Big shucking scallops at Oceanaire in Miami this weekend
- Treat yourself to Sushi Samba & a movie July 22
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Big Pink gets bigger: Miami Beach-themed burgers added to menu
- Cantina la Veinte debuts at Icon Brickell July 28
- North Miami's Great Harvest meets customers' kneads
- The List: Eating around Miami with Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
- Brew in Miami: J Wakefield Brewing gets ready to open in Wynwood