Food events: March 28
Food and Wine Talk WSFG: Author Lisa Abend (“The Sorcerer’s Apprentices: A Season in the Kitchen at Ferran Adria’s el Bulli”), Doug Takizawa (Savory Choice, San Mateo, Calif.) and Sallie Byrd (Florida Heart Institute) join hosts Carole Kotkin and Simone Diament 11 a.m.-noon on www.southfloridagourmet.com.
Whole Foods Market Events: www.wholefoodsmarket.com:
*Vegetarian Lunch Club: With chef Lynn of Whole Foods Market. Menu features Mediterranean crunch salad, Greek roasted vegetables and grilled fruit kebabs with pineapple mint glaze; noon-1 p.m., 2000 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; $10, registration required. 954-565-5655.
*Healthy Eating Store Tour: Learn more about Aggregate Nutrient Density Index (ANDI) scoring system and what to look out for when reading labels and tips on how to incorporate more nutrient-dense foods into diet; 7 p.m., 7720 Peters Rd., Plantation; free, reservations required. 954-236-0600.
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo
- Joël Robuchon to open three restaurants in Miami's Design District
- The Gang in midtown Miami goes long on flair, falls short on fare
- New-look STK in Miami Beach is off to a sexy, meaty start
- The List: Finding Miami's best food with Quality Meats' Craig Koketsu
- Find a taste of Portugal at Lisboa Grill in Key Biscayne
- Miami's Momi doubles down with downtown dumpling den
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables