Food events: March 28
Food and Wine Talk WSFG: Author Lisa Abend (“The Sorcerer’s Apprentices: A Season in the Kitchen at Ferran Adria’s el Bulli”), Doug Takizawa (Savory Choice, San Mateo, Calif.) and Sallie Byrd (Florida Heart Institute) join hosts Carole Kotkin and Simone Diament 11 a.m.-noon on www.southfloridagourmet.com.
Whole Foods Market Events: www.wholefoodsmarket.com:
*Vegetarian Lunch Club: With chef Lynn of Whole Foods Market. Menu features Mediterranean crunch salad, Greek roasted vegetables and grilled fruit kebabs with pineapple mint glaze; noon-1 p.m., 2000 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; $10, registration required. 954-565-5655.
*Healthy Eating Store Tour: Learn more about Aggregate Nutrient Density Index (ANDI) scoring system and what to look out for when reading labels and tips on how to incorporate more nutrient-dense foods into diet; 7 p.m., 7720 Peters Rd., Plantation; free, reservations required. 954-236-0600.
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- The List: Miami's best eats with Piripi's Najat Kaanache
- Settle into island time at Calypso Raw Bar in Pompano Beach
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Get your frites on: Bistro Cassis opens in midtown Miami
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Bold & cold: Tio Gazpacho bottles the good stuff
- In Miami Beach, Klima's exquisite food is a study in simplicity
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl