Food events: March 28
Food and Wine Talk WSFG: Author Lisa Abend (“The Sorcerer’s Apprentices: A Season in the Kitchen at Ferran Adria’s el Bulli”), Doug Takizawa (Savory Choice, San Mateo, Calif.) and Sallie Byrd (Florida Heart Institute) join hosts Carole Kotkin and Simone Diament 11 a.m.-noon on www.southfloridagourmet.com.
Whole Foods Market Events: www.wholefoodsmarket.com:
*Vegetarian Lunch Club: With chef Lynn of Whole Foods Market. Menu features Mediterranean crunch salad, Greek roasted vegetables and grilled fruit kebabs with pineapple mint glaze; noon-1 p.m., 2000 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; $10, registration required. 954-565-5655.
*Healthy Eating Store Tour: Learn more about Aggregate Nutrient Density Index (ANDI) scoring system and what to look out for when reading labels and tips on how to incorporate more nutrient-dense foods into diet; 7 p.m., 7720 Peters Rd., Plantation; free, reservations required. 954-236-0600.
- How to Halloween like a foodie: Your definitive list
- Rejoice! South Florida's favorite cinnamon buns are back
- Where to eat in Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- What's that big top in Bayfront Park? A Spanish food feast
- Why this iconic South Beach Italian spot changed locations
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?