Food events: March 25
Friday Night Wine Tasting Series: With wine educator Barry Alberts; 7-9:30 p.m., Panorama Restaurant & Sky Lounge at the Sonesta Bayfront Hotel, 2889 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove; $15. 305-793-3120.
Soyka Friday Nights: Live jazz; full drink and dinner menu available 10 p.m.-midnight; Soyka, 5556 NE Fourth Ct., Miami; no cover. 305-759-3117.
Whole Foods Market Events: www.wholefoodsmarket.com:
*Whole Planet Foundation Backyard BBQ: Features fresh barbecue selections from many departments throughout the store. Benefits Whole Planet Foundation (WPF), a nonprofit organization established by the chain to provide microfinancing to start-up businesses in impoverished areas of Latin America, Africa and Asia; 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., 6701 Red Rd., Coral Gables; $5. 305-421-9421.
*Friday Night Blues & Brews: Live blues by Grant Piper & Pix-E Ensign, single beers starting at $1.49, glasses of wine for $3.99 and a variety of freshly brewed coffee drinks at Allegro Coffee Bar; 7-9 p.m., 810 University Dr., Coral Springs; free admission. 954-753-8000.
*The Vintage Café with Robert & Samantha: Learn about various wines and cheeses in the specialty department. Benefits WPF; 7 p.m., 7720 Peters Rd., Plantation; free, reservations required. 954-236-0600.
Williams-Sonoma Science in the Kitchen-Legumes & Lentils: Free events. Call for time. Store locator at www.williams-sonoma.com
- What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
- Cheen-Huaye Mexican restaurant expands menu, dining room in North Miami
- New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- 3.5 stars for The Forge's next generation of excellence in Miami Beach
- Brew in Miami: Belgian beer stars at Bistro BE
- Inside North Beach's Hilton Cabana & L'Echon Brasserie
- Jumbo's closes after 59-year run in Miami's Liberty City
- Ho Wang closes in Surfside; kosher BBQ joint to take its place
- The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa