Food events: March 25
Friday Night Wine Tasting Series: With wine educator Barry Alberts; 7-9:30 p.m., Panorama Restaurant & Sky Lounge at the Sonesta Bayfront Hotel, 2889 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove; $15. 305-793-3120.
Soyka Friday Nights: Live jazz; full drink and dinner menu available 10 p.m.-midnight; Soyka, 5556 NE Fourth Ct., Miami; no cover. 305-759-3117.
Whole Foods Market Events: www.wholefoodsmarket.com:
*Whole Planet Foundation Backyard BBQ: Features fresh barbecue selections from many departments throughout the store. Benefits Whole Planet Foundation (WPF), a nonprofit organization established by the chain to provide microfinancing to start-up businesses in impoverished areas of Latin America, Africa and Asia; 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., 6701 Red Rd., Coral Gables; $5. 305-421-9421.
*Friday Night Blues & Brews: Live blues by Grant Piper & Pix-E Ensign, single beers starting at $1.49, glasses of wine for $3.99 and a variety of freshly brewed coffee drinks at Allegro Coffee Bar; 7-9 p.m., 810 University Dr., Coral Springs; free admission. 954-753-8000.
*The Vintage Café with Robert & Samantha: Learn about various wines and cheeses in the specialty department. Benefits WPF; 7 p.m., 7720 Peters Rd., Plantation; free, reservations required. 954-236-0600.
Williams-Sonoma Science in the Kitchen-Legumes & Lentils: Free events. Call for time. Store locator at www.williams-sonoma.com
- 3 stars for 1826 Restaurant in South Beach
- Red, The Steakhouse debuts tapas menu
- Eat, drink & be merry at these upcoming Miami wine & food events
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Eating House branches out with Taperia Raca in Miami's MiMo neighborhood
- Sugarcane hosts Santa Teresa rum dinner April 30
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Eating House hosts annual 4:20 dinner Sunday, April 20
- 3 stars for Seasalt & Pepper on Miami River
- Tongue & Cheek celebrates its first anniversary with $2 sliders, $4 cocktails and free ice cream