Food & film at Lee Schrager's Culinary Cinema, plus film festival downtown dining deals
Miami International Film Festival & #SOBEWFF founder pair food & film
Those who read South Beach Wine & Food Festival founder Lee Schrager's tweets know that his fancy for food is contagious and can make people hungry or full depending on what's on his menu that day. Taking his love affair with food to a cinematic level, he has partnered with the Miami International Film Festival to present Lee Brian Schrager's Culinary Cinema, kicking off at noon on Sunday, March 3 with a Franco Brazilian brunch at Juvia featuring visiting chefs Erick Jacquin of La Brasserie in São Paulo and Frédéric Monnier and Laurent Suaudeau of São Paulo's Escola Da Arte Culinaria, followed by the North American Regal Cinemas premiere of Why Did You Leave? about a group of French chefs rebuilding their lives in brazil. Tickets for brunch and screening are $100 and available by clicking here.
The foodie film fest continues at 7 p.m. Monday, March 4 with a Miami Beach Cinematheque screening of Oma & Bella about two old Jewish ladies in Berlin who like to cook. and at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, March 9 with a screening of butcher flick and best feature film of the 2012 NYC Food Film Festival, Meat Hooked. Can't make the movies but like to eat? The Miami International Film Fest's CINEDWNTWN restaurant program offers dinner and a movie discounts from March 1-10 at Tuyo, Azul, Close Bistro & Cafe, DB Bistro Moderne, Zuma and Fratelli Milano. For more information, go to www.miamifilmfestival.com.
- R House restaurant, lounge, art space opening January in Wynwood
- Canadian chain Earls Kitchen + Bar opening Spring 2014 in Dadeland Mall
- Buns & Buns bringing the bread--meat, vegetables & seafood--to South Miami in 2014
- Say ciao to Serafina at Dream South Beach, closing at the end of December
- Former Miami chef Kerry Simon batting aggressive form of Parkinson's
- Eating House's spicy holiday greeting card goes viral
- Copperbox restaurant space in Wynwood for sale
- Chef Timon Balloo's Bocce Bar rustic Italian now open in Midtown
- The Rumor Mill: Eataly coming to Miami?
- Shake Shack Coral Gables hosts The Brooklyn Brewery Mash: Miami Edition December 9