Fontainebleau Miami Beach Goes Pink For Breast Cancer Awareness Month
The Fontainebleau will turn its facade pink during the month of October, and offer special promotions at its restaurants, shops, and Lapis Spa
The only time the Fontainebleau Miami Beach’s (4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-538-2000) Chateau Tower's curvilinear facade—a symbol of Miami Modern architecture—has ever been any color other than white is perhaps at sunset with the sky and ocean reflecting onto its blank canvas. On Tuesday October 1, to kick off National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Fontainebleau will light up in pink, both inside and out, for its “Bleau Goes Pink” initiative in partnership with the Susan G. Komen Miami/Fort Lauderdale chapter.
That evening, a special lighting ceremony and reception will take place after sunset on the poolscape. Fontainebleau Miami Beach President and Chief Operating Officer Phil Goldfarb and Susan G. Komen Miami/Fort Lauderdale Executive Director Cathy McCarthy will flip a ceremonial switch and turn the Chateau Tower pink with the help of 100 high-powered lighting fixtures, thanks to Southern Audio Visual.
The tower will glow pink the entire month of October from dusk to 10 pm nightly. The resort’s lobby, including Bleau Bar and the James Turrell light installation at the concierge and front desk, will also be lit pink for the evening’s festivities.
Additionally, the resort will extend its Miami Spice and Miami Spa Month savings to patrons throughout the month of October while donating a portion of the proceeds to Susan G. Komen Miami/Fort Lauderdale. The Lapis Spa Wellness Series will offer special programming in collaboration with Zumba Party in Pink, and for the retail-oriented, the shops at Fontainebleau will offer special apparel available for a donation to Susan G. Komen Miami/Fort Lauderdale.
Here’s how you can enjoy these special offers at the Fontainebleau during the month of October while supporting a great cause.
- $39 Miami Spice prix-fixe dinner extends through October at Gotham Steak, Scarpetta, Hakkasan, and La Cote.
- $23 Miami Spice dim sum lunch at Hakassan extends through October
- $1 from every check goes to Susan G. Komen Miami/Fort Lauderdale
- $99 Miami Spa Month offer extends through October for 50-minute Swedish massage or 50-minute Pore Perfection Facial with $1 from every treatment donated to Susan G. Komen Miami/Fort Lauderdale.
- On October 5, Zumba Party in Pink offers a fitness class ($15 pre-sale/$20 day of) with 75% of proceeds benefitting the national Susan G. Komen organization. Hotel guests participating in Party in Pink will receive 20% off their overnight stay.
- Morris & Co. and Bleau Signature shops will offer registration for "Sleep in for the Cure." This campaign offers an alternative to the 18th Annual Susan G. Komen Race For the Cure, taking place October 19 at 7:30 am when over 20,000 runners and walkers will meet in Bayfront Park. For a $35 donation to Susan G. Komen Miami/Fort Lauderdale, Sleep in for the Cure registrants will receive a “Sleep in for the Cure” t-shirt and race bib.
- BloqUV Tickle Me Pink apparel will also be for sale with BloqUV donating a portion of the proceeds to Susan G. Komen Miami/Fort Lauderdale.
For more information on Susan G. Komen Miami/Fort Lauderdale, and to register or volunteer for Race for the Cure, please click here or call 305-383-7116. For more information about Bleau Goes Pink, please click here.
- Check Into Hotel Gaythering, a New LGBT Hotel For Gay Pride Weekend
- Exhale Spa Opens its Second Miami Location at Loews Miami Beach Hotel
- The Villa by Barton G. Reopens at Versace Mansion with Boutique Hotel, Restaurant, Event Space
- The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne Hosts All-Star Tennis Tournament & Offers Sony Open Packages
- Miami Hotel Personality: Javier Beneyto of the Newly Opened Metropolitan by COMO
- Spring Training Hotel Packages Across Florida
- Two Miami Beach Marriotts Rebrand to Attract the Modern Miami Traveler
- Avicii Returns to Miami with Avicii Hotel at SLS South Beach During Miami Music Week
- Red Bull Guest House Announces Miami Music Week Takeover of Gale South Beach
- The Raleigh Hotel's Restaurant Michael Schwartz Presents Steinway & Sons Concert Series