The Flying Tomato Smash & Bash
Tobacco Road hosts its own Tomatina Fest, a free-for-all tomato fight with an arsenal of 25,000 tomatoes as ammo.
We bet there will be a shortage on caprese salads and gazpacho at this weekend's South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Why? Because there is going to be some major tomato hording going on thanks to Tobacco Road.
This Saturday, Miami's oldest bar hosts its second annual Flying Tomato Smash & Bash providing participants with an arsenal of 25,000 ripe tomatoes to throw indiscriminately at random strangers who may or may not have done anything offensive. The fun starts at noon with live music, DJs and drink specials.
Taking inspiration from Bunol, Spain's Tomatina festival which brings thousands of rowdy folks together each year to toss 90,000 lbs. of tomatoes, Tobacco Road's party should be just as wild and messy.
Here's hoping the SBWFF chefs have their own secret stash of 'maters.
Tobacco Road’s 2nd Annual Tomato Smash & Bash, Saturday, Feb. 23. Noon-midnight
Tobacco Road, 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami.
See and Do
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 30-Oct.2
- Debate watching parties in Miami
- 7 Places You Must Visit in Key Biscayne
- Louis C.K. announces four show run at Arsht Center in November
- Miami public spaces are getting a makeover with these upcoming projects
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Live the nostalgia of ‘¿Qué Pasa, USA?’ this Saturday
- 4 Fitness Events in South Florida for Gym Rats
- Everglades gets funky with Wynwood benefit