The Flying Tomato Smash & Bash
Tobacco Road hosts its own Tomatina Fest, a free-for-all tomato fight with an arsenal of 25,000 tomatoes as ammo.
Tobacco Road’s 2nd Annual Tomato Smash & Bash, Saturday, Feb. 23. Noon-midnight
Tobacco Road, 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami.
We bet there will be a shortage on caprese salads and gazpacho at this weekend's South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Why? Because there is going to be some major tomato hording going on thanks to Tobacco Road.
This Saturday, Miami's oldest bar hosts its second annual Flying Tomato Smash & Bash providing participants with an arsenal of 25,000 ripe tomatoes to throw indiscriminately at random strangers who may or may not have done anything offensive. The fun starts at noon with live music, DJs and drink specials.
Taking inspiration from Bunol, Spain's Tomatina festival which brings thousands of rowdy folks together each year to toss 90,000 lbs. of tomatoes, Tobacco Road's party should be just as wild and messy.
Here's hoping the SBWFF chefs have their own secret stash of 'maters.
See and Do
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami
- Anderson Cooper comes to Miami for an intimate conversation
- Miami Science Museum hosts annual Galaxy Gala and Big Bang fundraiser
- Dennis Watkins brings magic back to the Arsht in ‘The Magnificents’
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates a decade of jokes