The Flying Tomato Smash & Bash
Tobacco Road hosts its own Tomatina Fest, a free-for-all tomato fight with an arsenal of 25,000 tomatoes as ammo.
We bet there will be a shortage on caprese salads and gazpacho at this weekend's South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Why? Because there is going to be some major tomato hording going on thanks to Tobacco Road.
This Saturday, Miami's oldest bar hosts its second annual Flying Tomato Smash & Bash providing participants with an arsenal of 25,000 ripe tomatoes to throw indiscriminately at random strangers who may or may not have done anything offensive. The fun starts at noon with live music, DJs and drink specials.
Taking inspiration from Bunol, Spain's Tomatina festival which brings thousands of rowdy folks together each year to toss 90,000 lbs. of tomatoes, Tobacco Road's party should be just as wild and messy.
Here's hoping the SBWFF chefs have their own secret stash of 'maters.
Tobacco Road’s 2nd Annual Tomato Smash & Bash, Saturday, Feb. 23. Noon-midnight
Tobacco Road, 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami.
See and Do
- Our favorite Miami stories this week
- 6 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 29-31
- 6 Best Places to Take Miami Newbies
- 5 things that will always remind you you're in Miami
- 5 reasons why mango season is the best time to be in Miami
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- Friends of The Underline hosts #PokemonGoUnderline social media contest
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami