The Flying Tomato Smash & Bash
Tobacco Road hosts its own Tomatina Fest, a free-for-all tomato fight with an arsenal of 25,000 tomatoes as ammo.
Tobacco Road’s 2nd Annual Tomato Smash & Bash, Saturday, Feb. 23. Noon-midnight
Tobacco Road, 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami.
We bet there will be a shortage on caprese salads and gazpacho at this weekend's South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Why? Because there is going to be some major tomato hording going on thanks to Tobacco Road.
This Saturday, Miami's oldest bar hosts its second annual Flying Tomato Smash & Bash providing participants with an arsenal of 25,000 ripe tomatoes to throw indiscriminately at random strangers who may or may not have done anything offensive. The fun starts at noon with live music, DJs and drink specials.
Taking inspiration from Bunol, Spain's Tomatina festival which brings thousands of rowdy folks together each year to toss 90,000 lbs. of tomatoes, Tobacco Road's party should be just as wild and messy.
Here's hoping the SBWFF chefs have their own secret stash of 'maters.
See and Do
- Disney on ice, mini camps & specialty crafts - Munchkin Fun's picks for the week
- Port-au-Prince Jazz fest comes to Little Haiti Cultural Center
- Disney's 'Worlds of Fantasy' skates into Miami
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September