The Flying Tomato Smash & Bash
Tobacco Road hosts its own Tomatina Fest, a free-for-all tomato fight with an arsenal of 25,000 tomatoes as ammo.
Tobacco Road’s 2nd Annual Tomato Smash & Bash, Saturday, Feb. 23. Noon-midnight
Tobacco Road, 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami.
We bet there will be a shortage on caprese salads and gazpacho at this weekend's South Beach Wine & Food Festival. Why? Because there is going to be some major tomato hording going on thanks to Tobacco Road.
This Saturday, Miami's oldest bar hosts its second annual Flying Tomato Smash & Bash providing participants with an arsenal of 25,000 ripe tomatoes to throw indiscriminately at random strangers who may or may not have done anything offensive. The fun starts at noon with live music, DJs and drink specials.
Taking inspiration from Bunol, Spain's Tomatina festival which brings thousands of rowdy folks together each year to toss 90,000 lbs. of tomatoes, Tobacco Road's party should be just as wild and messy.
Here's hoping the SBWFF chefs have their own secret stash of 'maters.
See and Do
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Oct 12-17
- Diner En Blanc Returns to Miami for Second Straight Year
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 9-11
- 15 things to do with the kids Oct 5-11: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 2-4
- Miami Events - October 2015
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27