Sweat like a star at South Beach's latest gym craze.
The lowdown: The latest workout craze to hit the sizzling sands of SoBe? FlyBarre. Think total body sculpting class blending lightweight training, dance and core strengthening exercises.
The hood: FlyBarre is located on the second floor of tricked-out Flywheel Sports, which is nestled alongside the on-the-up-and-up Purdy Avenue.
The vibe: Each 45-minute class ($25 each) is a fast-paced, high energy sculpting session systematically working each muscle group through a sequence of focused movements, or “pulses.” While the specific moves change frequently, every class is designed to target the arm, abdominal, thigh and seat regions. The entire body will tighten and lengthen, but the most immediate noticeable changes are generally seen in the arms and core.
Did we mention the beats are meticulously selected by in-house DJ Scott Melker? Yes, they are.
Workout tip: Sport a fitted top and fitted pants. You can choose to wear socks with grips at the bottom, or opt for going barefoot. You can also register in advance online here.
The extras: The studio is equipped with showers and full amenities and every FlyBarre class comes with towels, water, weights, resistance bands, therapy balls and other props used in class — making this workout both mindless and convenient. The long, lean dancer’s body is the generous added bonus.
1919 Purdy Avenue, Miami Beach
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New 90-Minute Barry's Bootcamp Class
- 7 Ways to Eat Your Way To A Sexy Body
- 6 Feel-Good Facts About WTRMLN WTR
- 7 Tips for a Better Bikini Butt
- Meet Fitness Guru Tracy Anderson!
- Fresh Is Better Delivers Healthy, Handcrafted Meals
- The Fit Shop Opens in North Miami
- SoulCycle Now Open at 1 Hotel South Beach
- SoulCycle Debuts at 1 Hotel South Beach
- September is National Yoga Month