Top 4 Things to do at Florida Supercon
Comic book, anime, superhero, artist, scifi, fantasy and all other awesome nerdly genre lovers will converge at Florida Supercon for four days of fun.
June 29-July 2 at Miami Airport Convention Center, 711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami
Single day tickets $25; 3-day pass $50; 4-day pass $55; Monday only $15. Photo op tickets $30.
A comic book lover's paradise, Florida Supercon returns with four days of celebrity guests Q & As, artist appearances, cosplay, and more. Here are the top four reasons to dress up like Luke Skyywalker and head over to the Miami Airport Convention Center.
1. Musical Guests
Florida Supercon has a packed schedule of musical entertainment with headliner ska punk band Less Than Jake, taking the stage on Friday at 9 p.m. Check out electronica with Celldweller, Brit new wave band Astari Nite, thrash with Atrocitus, get a dose of J-Pop with Chii Sakurabi and more. Full line up here.
They are what Supercon is all about: The artists who bring the fantasies to the page. Rock stars of the comic world like Neal Adams (Batman, Green Lantern, Avengers, X-Men, Superman, Deadman), Carmine Infantino (Creator/Co-Creator The Flash, Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Black Canary), Olivier Coipel (Mighty Thor, Siege, House of M, Avengers vs. X-Men) and more will be available to chat with fans and give autographs.
3. Celebrity Appearances
So it's not always the huge stars that hit the convention circuit, but most of the actors that make it to the events are only a few degrees away from Kevin Bacon, or someone named Kevin. 30 Rock fans can meet Scott Adsit (Liz Lemon's faithful production supervisor Pete), some of the kids from the Hunger Games (none that you would know by name, but still) and Britta Phillips, the voice of JEM (yes, of JEM and the Holograms!) among many others.
4. Costume Contests
Halloween is four months away and yet it's just fine to dress up like Princess Leia. Supercon is the place to become your fantasy, if only for a few hours. Want to be Ned Stark? Do it! Batman? What's stopping you? You can even make up your own superhero and parade around like you own the place. Make sure to stop by the Cosplay photo booth to get a few snaps of your get-up. If you want to enter the contests make sure to pass by the Cosplay Information Booth (#1007) so you can battle others for cosplay domination.
See and Do
- 10 things not to miss this week: Art, Marvel comics & freebie fun
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 25-27
- Absorbing and exquisitely acted, GableStage’s ‘The Whale’ is a study in connection
- ‘H2OMBRE’ brings splashy spectacle and lots of water to the Arsht Center stage
- Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 18-20
- Overtown Music and Arts Festival 2014
- Ice cream parties, kids carnivals & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 11-13
- Colombian mangoes will be the star at this weekend’s Mango Festival at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden