Top 4 Things to do at Florida Supercon
Comic book, anime, superhero, artist, scifi, fantasy and all other awesome nerdly genre lovers will converge at Florida Supercon for four days of fun.
June 29-July 2 at Miami Airport Convention Center, 711 NW 72nd Ave, Miami
Single day tickets $25; 3-day pass $50; 4-day pass $55; Monday only $15. Photo op tickets $30.
A comic book lover's paradise, Florida Supercon returns with four days of celebrity guests Q & As, artist appearances, cosplay, and more. Here are the top four reasons to dress up like Luke Skyywalker and head over to the Miami Airport Convention Center.
1. Musical Guests
Florida Supercon has a packed schedule of musical entertainment with headliner ska punk band Less Than Jake, taking the stage on Friday at 9 p.m. Check out electronica with Celldweller, Brit new wave band Astari Nite, thrash with Atrocitus, get a dose of J-Pop with Chii Sakurabi and more. Full line up here.
They are what Supercon is all about: The artists who bring the fantasies to the page. Rock stars of the comic world like Neal Adams (Batman, Green Lantern, Avengers, X-Men, Superman, Deadman), Carmine Infantino (Creator/Co-Creator The Flash, Batgirl, Poison Ivy, Black Canary), Olivier Coipel (Mighty Thor, Siege, House of M, Avengers vs. X-Men) and more will be available to chat with fans and give autographs.
3. Celebrity Appearances
So it's not always the huge stars that hit the convention circuit, but most of the actors that make it to the events are only a few degrees away from Kevin Bacon, or someone named Kevin. 30 Rock fans can meet Scott Adsit (Liz Lemon's faithful production supervisor Pete), some of the kids from the Hunger Games (none that you would know by name, but still) and Britta Phillips, the voice of JEM (yes, of JEM and the Holograms!) among many others.
4. Costume Contests
Halloween is four months away and yet it's just fine to dress up like Princess Leia. Supercon is the place to become your fantasy, if only for a few hours. Want to be Ned Stark? Do it! Batman? What's stopping you? You can even make up your own superhero and parade around like you own the place. Make sure to stop by the Cosplay photo booth to get a few snaps of your get-up. If you want to enter the contests make sure to pass by the Cosplay Information Booth (#1007) so you can battle others for cosplay domination.
See and Do
- 15 things to do with the kids Oct 5-11: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 2-4
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'
- Concerts usher in the musical sounds of the new season