Florida Renaissance Festival pops up at Jungle Island this weekend
The knights and ladies of the Renaissance Festival mix with the critters at Jungle Island for a weekend of medieval fun.
While encountering the incredible cast of animals that call Jungle Island their home, guests visiting the popular Miami attraction this weekend will also voyage back to the 16th century thanks to the Florida Renaissance Festival's two-day residency taking place Saturday and Sunday before the show moves south to Cauley Square in Miami.
Watch the artisans work on their hammered pewter, wooden toys, unique pottery, selling clothing and a wealth of other riches and enjoy the medieval fun like jousting, historical reenactments, magicians and wenches, craft village and battling knights.
The Florida Renaissance Festival at Jungle Island (1111 Parrot Jungle Trail) is open this Saturday, March 22 and Sunday, March 23 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Special event admission is $34.95 for adults and $26.95 for children. Tax is additional. Admission is free for annual pass holders. To purchase tickets, visit www.jungleisland.com/festival.
See and Do
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 30-Oct.2
- Debate watching parties in Miami
- 7 Places You Must Visit in Key Biscayne
- Louis C.K. announces four show run at Arsht Center in November
- Miami public spaces are getting a makeover with these upcoming projects
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Live the nostalgia of ‘¿Qué Pasa, USA?’ this Saturday
- 4 Fitness Events in South Florida for Gym Rats
- Everglades gets funky with Wynwood benefit