Florida Renaissance Festival pops up at Jungle Island this weekend
The knights and ladies of the Renaissance Festival mix with the critters at Jungle Island for a weekend of medieval fun.
While encountering the incredible cast of animals that call Jungle Island their home, guests visiting the popular Miami attraction this weekend will also voyage back to the 16th century thanks to the Florida Renaissance Festival's two-day residency taking place Saturday and Sunday before the show moves south to Cauley Square in Miami.
Watch the artisans work on their hammered pewter, wooden toys, unique pottery, selling clothing and a wealth of other riches and enjoy the medieval fun like jousting, historical reenactments, magicians and wenches, craft village and battling knights.
The Florida Renaissance Festival at Jungle Island (1111 Parrot Jungle Trail) is open this Saturday, March 22 and Sunday, March 23 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Special event admission is $34.95 for adults and $26.95 for children. Tax is additional. Admission is free for annual pass holders. To purchase tickets, visit www.jungleisland.com/festival.
See and Do
- 'Psychic Match' star Deborah Graham talks about finding real love at Books & Books
- Public art to hunt down in Brickell and Downtown
- Surreal dance stories from Cuba
- Comic Iliza Shlesinger to bring her wit and wisdom to West Palm Beach
- 6 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug. 19-21
- HistoryMiami's Stiltsville Tour is an only-in-Miami experience
- 5 reasons Back-To-School Season in Miami is amazing
- Miami is Raising the Vibe this Fall
- 28 signs that you're from Miami
- Prism Music Group's guide to Miami cultural events - Aug. 16-31