Florida Renaissance Festival pops up at Jungle Island this weekend
The knights and ladies of the Renaissance Festival mix with the critters at Jungle Island for a weekend of medieval fun.
While encountering the incredible cast of animals that call Jungle Island their home, guests visiting the popular Miami attraction this weekend will also voyage back to the 16th century thanks to the Florida Renaissance Festival's two-day residency taking place Saturday and Sunday before the show moves south to Cauley Square in Miami.
Watch the artisans work on their hammered pewter, wooden toys, unique pottery, selling clothing and a wealth of other riches and enjoy the medieval fun like jousting, historical reenactments, magicians and wenches, craft village and battling knights.
The Florida Renaissance Festival at Jungle Island (1111 Parrot Jungle Trail) is open this Saturday, March 22 and Sunday, March 23 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Special event admission is $34.95 for adults and $26.95 for children. Tax is additional. Admission is free for annual pass holders. To purchase tickets, visit www.jungleisland.com/festival.
See and Do
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 1-7
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 29-31
- Summer Fun 2015: Your guide to kids programs and camps for the summer in Miami
- Feel the Force: Hurricanes and Other Hazards at the Frost Museum of Science
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 22-24
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week