Florida Renaissance Festival
Calling all wenches, wizards and weirdos!
Florida Renaissance Festival
February 12-March 13, Sundays and Saturdays; open 10 a.m. till sunset
Quiet Waters Park, 401 South Powerline Road, Deerfield Beach
Visitors to Quiet Waters Park will enter a time warp this weekend as the Florida Renaissance Festival makes its stop in Deerfield Beach from Feb. 12- Mar. 13. You can even bring your little fairies and valient knights on Monday, February 21 for the President's Day holiday. This 16th century production features more than 100 costumed performers, five stages with continuous entertainment and stage acts from around the world.
This year will feature new and exciting acts as well as last year’s favorites. Don't miss Gabriel Q - bizarre and hilarious big puppets and stilt characters that consist of Giant Butterfly, Caterpillar, Baby and The Queen of Hearts on her high white horse and many more. Enjoy the Faire Stories, the Renaissance fairies entertain with stories and songs. Peter Suarez, aka “Manolete,” a world renowned dancer brings his many styles for the Miami show. The Tortuga Twins, are a multi-talented team boasting an extensive performance background with more than 30 years of comedic audience participation and improv experience to entertain all and much more.
During the family themed weekends, guests will enjoy jousting tournaments three times a day, hearty food, human powered rides and games for children that include the World’s Largest Rocking Horse, Giant Chess, Barrel Rides, and games of strength and skill.
The festivities will feature historical reenactments, sword fights, magical illusions and an abundance of authentic fare from freshly made kettle corn to roasted giant turkey legs, which can be washed down with a swig of mead or ale.
The Florida Renaissance Festival will be open weekends from 10 a.m. to sunset. Prices range from $20 for adults and $7 for children ages six to 11 years old and children under five are free. Pre-show discount tickets are available online at www.ren-fest.com. Deerfield Beach show dates are February 12th through March 13th, 2011.
See and Do
- YoungArts kicks off Outside the Box series with a show by musician Dave Eggar
- Carbonell winners take the stage at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami