Florida Grand Opera brings tango to Wynwood Art Walk
Florida Grand Opera gives a sneak peek of its upcoming tango series this Saturday at THE HANGAR during Wynwood Art Walk.
Florida Grand Opera at THE HANGAR
Saturday, March 9 from 7-10 p.m.
2235 NW Second Ave., Miami
Performances are scheduled to take place at 7:30 p.m., 8:20 p.m., and 9:10 p.m.
The event is free and open to the public with RSVP. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-854-1643 ext. 1211.
The Florida Grand Opera will soon take over The Stage in the Design District with an empassioned program of tango-inspired operettas including Astor Piazzolla's Maria de Buenos Aires and Robert Xavier Rodriguez's Tango. The show debuts on March 21 as part of the Unexpected Operas in Unexpected Places program, but this weekend the FGO is giving opera lovers a sneak peek at what is in store during Wynwood's Second Saturday Art Walk.
THE HANGAR will host an Opera Preview with featured selections from the company’s tango-themed double bill as well as popular arias performed by the company’s Young Artist Studio to a Steinway piano. Performances will take place every hour amid THE HANGAR’s current exhibition “Miami Minds,” a mixed media show depicting Miami’s graffiti subculture as well as portraits breaking conventional standards of appearance.
Guests will enjoy an evening of sultry arias, art installations, and complimentary cocktails courtesy of Little Black Dress Vodka.
See and Do
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill
- Miami Events - February 2016
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 22-24
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida