Florida Grand Opera brings tango to Wynwood Art Walk
Florida Grand Opera gives a sneak peek of its upcoming tango series this Saturday at THE HANGAR during Wynwood Art Walk.
The Florida Grand Opera will soon take over The Stage in the Design District with an empassioned program of tango-inspired operettas including Astor Piazzolla's Maria de Buenos Aires and Robert Xavier Rodriguez's Tango. The show debuts on March 21 as part of the Unexpected Operas in Unexpected Places program, but this weekend the FGO is giving opera lovers a sneak peek at what is in store during Wynwood's Second Saturday Art Walk.
THE HANGAR will host an Opera Preview with featured selections from the company’s tango-themed double bill as well as popular arias performed by the company’s Young Artist Studio to a Steinway piano. Performances will take place every hour amid THE HANGAR’s current exhibition “Miami Minds,” a mixed media show depicting Miami’s graffiti subculture as well as portraits breaking conventional standards of appearance.
Guests will enjoy an evening of sultry arias, art installations, and complimentary cocktails courtesy of Little Black Dress Vodka.
Florida Grand Opera at THE HANGAR
Saturday, March 9 from 7-10 p.m.
2235 NW Second Ave., Miami
Performances are scheduled to take place at 7:30 p.m., 8:20 p.m., and 9:10 p.m.
The event is free and open to the public with RSVP. To RSVP, email email@example.com or call 305-854-1643 ext. 1211.
See and Do
- Yass, Beach: Five Miami Beaches That Are Better Than South Beach
- 8 Best Places For People Watching in Miami
- 7 Best Spots in Miami to get Ice Cream and Frozen Treats
- 5 Quintessential Palm Beach Experiences You Can Have this Weekend
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- 11 Places to Listen to Live Music Every Night in Miami
- 9 ways to know you are at a Miami baby shower
- 5 places to cool down in Miami
- Miami voted best city for facial hair - free trims this weekend for all
- Ultimate Guide to Miami's Museums