Florida Grand Opera brings tango to Wynwood Art Walk
Florida Grand Opera gives a sneak peek of its upcoming tango series this Saturday at THE HANGAR during Wynwood Art Walk.
The Florida Grand Opera will soon take over The Stage in the Design District with an empassioned program of tango-inspired operettas including Astor Piazzolla's Maria de Buenos Aires and Robert Xavier Rodriguez's Tango. The show debuts on March 21 as part of the Unexpected Operas in Unexpected Places program, but this weekend the FGO is giving opera lovers a sneak peek at what is in store during Wynwood's Second Saturday Art Walk.
THE HANGAR will host an Opera Preview with featured selections from the company’s tango-themed double bill as well as popular arias performed by the company’s Young Artist Studio to a Steinway piano. Performances will take place every hour amid THE HANGAR’s current exhibition “Miami Minds,” a mixed media show depicting Miami’s graffiti subculture as well as portraits breaking conventional standards of appearance.
Guests will enjoy an evening of sultry arias, art installations, and complimentary cocktails courtesy of Little Black Dress Vodka.
Florida Grand Opera at THE HANGAR
Saturday, March 9 from 7-10 p.m.
2235 NW Second Ave., Miami
Performances are scheduled to take place at 7:30 p.m., 8:20 p.m., and 9:10 p.m.
The event is free and open to the public with RSVP. To RSVP, email email@example.com or call 305-854-1643 ext. 1211.
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so