Florida Grand Opera brings tango to Wynwood Art Walk
Florida Grand Opera gives a sneak peek of its upcoming tango series this Saturday at THE HANGAR during Wynwood Art Walk.
Florida Grand Opera at THE HANGAR
Saturday, March 9 from 7-10 p.m.
2235 NW Second Ave., Miami
Performances are scheduled to take place at 7:30 p.m., 8:20 p.m., and 9:10 p.m.
The event is free and open to the public with RSVP. To RSVP, email email@example.com or call 305-854-1643 ext. 1211.
The Florida Grand Opera will soon take over The Stage in the Design District with an empassioned program of tango-inspired operettas including Astor Piazzolla's Maria de Buenos Aires and Robert Xavier Rodriguez's Tango. The show debuts on March 21 as part of the Unexpected Operas in Unexpected Places program, but this weekend the FGO is giving opera lovers a sneak peek at what is in store during Wynwood's Second Saturday Art Walk.
THE HANGAR will host an Opera Preview with featured selections from the company’s tango-themed double bill as well as popular arias performed by the company’s Young Artist Studio to a Steinway piano. Performances will take place every hour amid THE HANGAR’s current exhibition “Miami Minds,” a mixed media show depicting Miami’s graffiti subculture as well as portraits breaking conventional standards of appearance.
Guests will enjoy an evening of sultry arias, art installations, and complimentary cocktails courtesy of Little Black Dress Vodka.
See and Do
- What to do with kids in Miami May 20-26
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 17-19
- Ten Years of Cubalibre Block Party
- What to do with kids in Miami May 13-19
- Bill Cosby, at Hard Rock Sunday, talks about TV, racism and life
- ‘War Horse’ casts a simple yet powerful spell
- ‘Memphis’ cast shows vocal chops
- Create-A-Skate at the Museum of Discovery and Science
- 'War Horse' gallops into the South Florida this week
- Miami Museum Month