Florence and the Machine plays South Florida on Sept. 26
Take the stage at BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise
Chances are pretty much 100 percent that you vividly remember the first time you saw British indie-pop Florence + The Machine perform. Singer Florence Welch's flamboyant stage presence and timeless, Renaissance-inspired lyrics, matched with soulful and at times thunderous art-rock, creates a musical experience that taps ancient longings, but is utterly unique. Her husky, cathartic vocals have been compared to everyone from Kate Bush to Sinead O'Connor to Annie Lennox to Grace Slick, and yet are unmistakably her own.
The Grammy-nominated band's mystical anthems are quickly becoming ubiquitous, having been featured in films and TV shows as diverse as "Glee," "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse," "Gossip Girl," "One Tree Hill" and the new "Snow White and the Huntsman."
The strangely seductive redhead casts her spell at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise on Sept. 26, in support of the group's second album, "Ceremonials," which was recorded at the famed Abbey Road Studios, was produced by Paul Epworth (Adele, Bloc Party) and features the hits "Never Let Me Go," "What the Water Gave Me," "No Light, No Light" and "Shake It Out." You're also sure the hear favorites from its debut album, "Lungs," such as "You've Got the Love," "Rabbit Heart (Raise It Up)," "Heavy In Your Arms," "Kiss With a Fist" and "Dog Days Are Over." British band The Maccabees opens.
Tickets ($35.50-$49.50) are on sale now at LiveNation.com.
Music in Miami
- Space Welcomes Queen of Techno Nicole Moudaber on Saturday, June 6
- Rec Room Turns Up with DJ Craze Friday, May 15
- Win Tickets to See andhim at Treehouse on Thursday, May 14
- Rico Love Launches New Album at E11EVEN Wednesday, May 13
- Serge Devant Talks Club Culture in the U.S.
- Action Bronson Takes Tour to Grand Central on Friday, May 8
- Kölsch takes over Treehouse Friday, May 8
- Indie-rock heroes The Pixies reassemble to perform at SunFest
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture hosts Serge Devant April 24
- Samo Sound Boy celebrates album release at Bardot on May 2