Flo Rida promises 'Wild' show at Friday night Marlins game
Stick around for the concert
Flo Rida has two speeds, fast and stop. The hometown rapper, just back from entertaining in Europe, will be playing the Marlins vs. Nationals post game for the Friday Night Live concert. Expect upbeat tracks off his latest album, Wild Ones, like Good Feeling, Whistle and the title track, which the 32-year-old calls some of his best work so far. We caught up with the Low rapper (born Tramar Dillard in Carol City) during one of his rare breaks:
What will your show be like?
I’m excited to perform at Marlins Park, so I’m going to have fun with the hometown fans. I’m Team Miami. I love and enjoy all our teams. Having a true ballpark gives us another reason to be proud of our city.
Last time we spoke you were giving your cellphone number out to the public. Are those days over?
I had to stop giving out my number. It became a lot to manage.
What kind of music are you listening to these days?
My team and I are working to develop the emerging acts on my International Music Group Record label like Tyler Medeiros [also playing Friday night], Whyl Chyl and more, so I’m usually listening to their music.
Who is your dream collaborator? I’m a fan of Outkast and even Beyoncé.
What is your favorite way to chill out?
Day off, what’s that? The last day off I had I enjoyed the company of family and friends.
Any particular stage you like to play?
Any venue at home is always a favorite of mine. I recently performed at Wimbledon in London and the energy there made me add that to one of my favorites. I enjoy my fans, so most venues become a favorite because I’m able to vibe with them.
What else do you have going on?
We recently launched the Florida Youth Football League to empower student athletes to be leaders on and off the field. And I’m always working on new music.
Info: Tickets for the 7:10 p.m. game: http://miami.marlins.mlb.com
On Our Radar
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Emilio Estefan movie to have world premiere
- Kim Kardashian's ex husband sells home