Flo Rida in NYC for Macy's Thanksgiving parade
On a float
This year marked the 86th annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and it was a doozy.
Performers included Miami's very own Flo Rida (real name Tramar Dillard).
The Whistle hitmaker, 32, performed atop the 30 foot high New York Daily News Big Apple float. He told the metro newspaper that being along for such a big party had always been his dream, ever since watching the parade on TV as a kid.
"It's very special to ride on the float of New York's hometown newspaper," said the Miami rapper, who is a huge fan of the Thanksgiving holiday.
"I have so many good memories of my family getting together for a feast," he said. "Oh man we had so many turkeys. We had a fried turkey, a stuffed turkey, my sister's turkeys. Everyone would cook a turkey. It was like a competition."
The Daily News adds that the last time Flo partook in a parade was way back when he was in elementary school in Carol City.
On Our Radar
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)
- Magic Mike style show coming to Miami