Flo Rida in NYC for Macy's Thanksgiving parade
On a float
This year marked the 86th annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and it was a doozy.
Performers included Miami's very own Flo Rida (real name Tramar Dillard).
The Whistle hitmaker, 32, performed atop the 30 foot high New York Daily News Big Apple float. He told the metro newspaper that being along for such a big party had always been his dream, ever since watching the parade on TV as a kid.
"It's very special to ride on the float of New York's hometown newspaper," said the Miami rapper, who is a huge fan of the Thanksgiving holiday.
"I have so many good memories of my family getting together for a feast," he said. "Oh man we had so many turkeys. We had a fried turkey, a stuffed turkey, my sister's turkeys. Everyone would cook a turkey. It was like a competition."
The Daily News adds that the last time Flo partook in a parade was way back when he was in elementary school in Carol City.
On Our Radar
- Singer Lily Allen visits local spots
- Dwyane Wade & Gabrielle Union show honeymoon pics
- Chris Paciello buys home near country club in Miami Beach
- Locals turn out for Bill Clinton
- Ex Miami restaurateur Josh Woodward murder trial date set for February in Los Angeles
- Hip hop royalty in town
- Concerts from Usher and Adam Levine in South Florida
- Real Wolf of Wall Street coming to Miami
- Ultra Music Festival bans minors
- Enrique Iglesias & Anna Kournikova's romantic date