Flo Rida in NYC for Macy's Thanksgiving parade
On a float
This year marked the 86th annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and it was a doozy.
Performers included Miami's very own Flo Rida (real name Tramar Dillard).
The Whistle hitmaker, 32, performed atop the 30 foot high New York Daily News Big Apple float. He told the metro newspaper that being along for such a big party had always been his dream, ever since watching the parade on TV as a kid.
"It's very special to ride on the float of New York's hometown newspaper," said the Miami rapper, who is a huge fan of the Thanksgiving holiday.
"I have so many good memories of my family getting together for a feast," he said. "Oh man we had so many turkeys. We had a fried turkey, a stuffed turkey, my sister's turkeys. Everyone would cook a turkey. It was like a competition."
The Daily News adds that the last time Flo partook in a parade was way back when he was in elementary school in Carol City.
On Our Radar
- A look at Pitbull's style evolution
- The 5 most affordable ways to get around South Beach
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud