Flo Rida in NYC for Macy's Thanksgiving parade
On a float
This year marked the 86th annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and it was a doozy.
Performers included Miami's very own Flo Rida (real name Tramar Dillard).
The Whistle hitmaker, 32, performed atop the 30 foot high New York Daily News Big Apple float. He told the metro newspaper that being along for such a big party had always been his dream, ever since watching the parade on TV as a kid.
"It's very special to ride on the float of New York's hometown newspaper," said the Miami rapper, who is a huge fan of the Thanksgiving holiday.
"I have so many good memories of my family getting together for a feast," he said. "Oh man we had so many turkeys. We had a fried turkey, a stuffed turkey, my sister's turkeys. Everyone would cook a turkey. It was like a competition."
The Daily News adds that the last time Flo partook in a parade was way back when he was in elementary school in Carol City.
On Our Radar
- Supermodel Naomi Campbell plays mentor
- Dance contestants visit FIU to judge dance competition for charity
- Enrique Iglesias, Romeo Santos and Nicky Jam among the top finalists for 2016 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- At 71, Patti Labelle is just getting started
- 7 Funniest Lines from Miami's Dave Barry at the Iowa Caucuses
- Shark Tank star to exhibit art
- Marlon Wayans: I'm not really like Christian Grey
- Sports Illustrated fan fest headed to Miami Beach
- Gloria Estefan teams up with Oscar winner
- Opera superstar Placido Domingo at AAA