Flo Rida in NYC for Macy's Thanksgiving parade
On a float
This year marked the 86th annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and it was a doozy.
Performers included Miami's very own Flo Rida (real name Tramar Dillard).
The Whistle hitmaker, 32, performed atop the 30 foot high New York Daily News Big Apple float. He told the metro newspaper that being along for such a big party had always been his dream, ever since watching the parade on TV as a kid.
"It's very special to ride on the float of New York's hometown newspaper," said the Miami rapper, who is a huge fan of the Thanksgiving holiday.
"I have so many good memories of my family getting together for a feast," he said. "Oh man we had so many turkeys. We had a fried turkey, a stuffed turkey, my sister's turkeys. Everyone would cook a turkey. It was like a competition."
The Daily News adds that the last time Flo partook in a parade was way back when he was in elementary school in Carol City.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz