Flo Rida does the Tonight Show
The Carol City rapper (real name Tramar Dillard) impressed Jay Leno.
Late-night watchers got a chance to see Flo Rida in action on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Thursday. The hometown rapper debuted his party starter Club Can't Handle Me from the movie soundtrack Step Up: 3D, out Aug. 6.
The inspirational yet hip-shaking dance floor hit, produced by French powerhouse DJ David Guetta, will serve as the lead single from Flo's upcoming third album The Only One.
The Grammy nominated artist, 30, swayed and swerved in a white leisure suit with a huge gold pendant (definitely real) hanging off his neck. Lithe female dancers spinned right around him on a '70s style stage; at the end of the song he throws out what looks to be cash (real? maybe).
How'd Rida do live? A little shaky at the beginning -- voice quivering -- but then wowed the crowd. When the Carol City rapper yelled to the stiff audience to put their hands up, they listened.
Leno seemed to like the song, telling him after the performance, "Great job."
You go, Flo!
On Our Radar
- Gorilla Perfumes making a stop at LUSH on Lincoln Road
- Rewind Recap: Accordion Invasion hits South Beach
- Glades star Jordan Wall to appear at fundraiser
- Score tickets for concert at Microsoft store opening
- Will and Jaden Smith get photobombed at Heat game
- Luis Fonsi is engaged to model Agueda López
- Wendy Williams giving out advice at Books and Books
- Kris Humphries swarmed by fans in Miami Beach
- New Disney store to open at Bayside Marketplace
- Cat Daddy Jackson Galaxy coming to Books and Books