Flo Rida does the Tonight Show
The Carol City rapper (real name Tramar Dillard) impressed Jay Leno.
Late-night watchers got a chance to see Flo Rida in action on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Thursday. The hometown rapper debuted his party starter Club Can't Handle Me from the movie soundtrack Step Up: 3D, out Aug. 6.
The inspirational yet hip-shaking dance floor hit, produced by French powerhouse DJ David Guetta, will serve as the lead single from Flo's upcoming third album The Only One.
The Grammy nominated artist, 30, swayed and swerved in a white leisure suit with a huge gold pendant (definitely real) hanging off his neck. Lithe female dancers spinned right around him on a '70s style stage; at the end of the song he throws out what looks to be cash (real? maybe).
How'd Rida do live? A little shaky at the beginning -- voice quivering -- but then wowed the crowd. When the Carol City rapper yelled to the stiff audience to put their hands up, they listened.
Leno seemed to like the song, telling him after the performance, "Great job."
You go, Flo!
On Our Radar
- Target teams with Lauren Bush's Feed Project
- One Direction surprises fans on Miami Beach
- Band WAR playing at Magic City Casino
- Devil Wears Prada author coming to Aventura Mall
- Danish architect in town for groundbreaking in Grove
- Haute hotelier Chris Blackwell coming to town
- Native South Floridian on Lifetime's Pretty Wicked Moms
- Jeremy Shockey finalizes his divorce
- Fleetwood Mac show at BB&T Center canceled
- Jewelry designer Paula Mendoza at Pistils & Petals