Flight of the Butterflies at IMAX theater
Who doesn't love butterflies? At the Museum of Science and Discovery in Fort Lauderdale, adults and kids got up close with their 3D glasses to the fluttery creatures in a screening of Flight of the Butterflies. Executive producer Jonathan Barker (Bugs! 3D, Into the Deep 3D) explained that it was no easy process putting the film about tracking monarchs together. It follows Dr. Fred Urquhart, a Canadian who spent close to 40 years investigating the once enigmatic insects' migration from Toronto to Mexico.
It's quite an experience, more of a ride, when you're sitting in the giant screen theater, especially when you watch a caterpillar turn to pupa to beautiful butterfly.
Catch "Flight" at MODS' Auto Nation IMAX Theater; Catch it next weekend (Feb 16-18). A combod ticket includes admission to the museum itself. www.mods.org
On Our Radar
- Chef gives tips on enjoying a unique July 4
- You're invited to Nordstrom's Beauty Bash
- Karent Sierra headed to jail (not really)
- Lil Wayne finally pays up
- Boca Raton native Ariana Grande: lots going on
- Target teams with Lauren Bush's Feed Project
- One Direction surprises fans on Miami Beach
- Band WAR playing at Magic City Casino
- Devil Wears Prada author coming to Aventura Mall
- Danish architect in town for groundbreaking in Grove