Flight of the Butterflies at IMAX theater
Who doesn't love butterflies? At the Museum of Science and Discovery in Fort Lauderdale, adults and kids got up close with their 3D glasses to the fluttery creatures in a screening of Flight of the Butterflies. Executive producer Jonathan Barker (Bugs! 3D, Into the Deep 3D) explained that it was no easy process putting the film about tracking monarchs together. It follows Dr. Fred Urquhart, a Canadian who spent close to 40 years investigating the once enigmatic insects' migration from Toronto to Mexico.
It's quite an experience, more of a ride, when you're sitting in the giant screen theater, especially when you watch a caterpillar turn to pupa to beautiful butterfly.
Catch "Flight" at MODS' Auto Nation IMAX Theater; Catch it next weekend (Feb 16-18). A combod ticket includes admission to the museum itself. www.mods.org
On Our Radar
- Lil Wayne takes out loan
- Dance meets charity with SWAY
- Miami Heat players attend opening of new Edition Boutique.
- Donald Trump spends Turkey Day in Florida
- Michael B Jordan in Miami talking 'Creed'
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding