Flight of the Butterflies at IMAX theater
Who doesn't love butterflies? At the Museum of Science and Discovery in Fort Lauderdale, adults and kids got up close with their 3D glasses to the fluttery creatures in a screening of Flight of the Butterflies. Executive producer Jonathan Barker (Bugs! 3D, Into the Deep 3D) explained that it was no easy process putting the film about tracking monarchs together. It follows Dr. Fred Urquhart, a Canadian who spent close to 40 years investigating the once enigmatic insects' migration from Toronto to Mexico.
It's quite an experience, more of a ride, when you're sitting in the giant screen theater, especially when you watch a caterpillar turn to pupa to beautiful butterfly.
Catch "Flight" at MODS' Auto Nation IMAX Theater; Catch it next weekend (Feb 16-18). A combod ticket includes admission to the museum itself. www.mods.org
On Our Radar
- Delray Beach rapper J Rand keeping it real in South Florida
- Pitbull isn't just Mr. 305, he's Mr. Florida
- Gabrielle Anwar set to marry this weekend
- William Levy celebrates 35th birthday in Miami
- LeBron James sells his Miami mansion
- World Cup champ Kelley O'Hara at the W
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino