Flickin' Summer at Gusman Center
Watch your favorite throwback movies this summer at the Gusman Center then show off your own moves with a dance party with DJ Pauer.
"Flickin' Summer" at the Gusman Center offers a chance to reminisce on the good old days -- the '80s -- with DJ Pauer spinning your prom favorites and a throwback movie to remind you of the days when you had both braces and glasses.
Arrive at 6 p.m. for the happy hour deals, then at 7 p.m. settle into your seat to watch as Hollywood reminds us that almost everything can be solved through dance. Stick around after the show because DJ Pauer is going to heat things up with retro classics that will have you sweating through your legwarmers. Each week there will be a raffle, with prizes offered by local vendors.
This Thursday, August 25, the series hosts a screening of 'The Breakfast Club,' the classic 1985 comedy-drama from director John Hughes where five high school students, all different stereotypes, meet in detention, pour their hearts out to each other and discover they have a lot more in common than they thought.
“Flickin’ Summer” at the Gusman Center, 174 E. Flagler, Miami; 305-372-0925. Tickets are $10 at Ticketmaster. Free parking is available in MPA’s Convention Center Garage, 100 SE 2nd Street (show ticket stub upon exit).
See and Do
- Turkey trots, holiday parades & airport survival: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Thanksgiving week
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Marvel Universe LIVE! superheroes and villains invade South Florida this weekend
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Freebie fun, Thanksgiving parties & Book Fair tips: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Nov 17-21
- Mike Birbiglia, the master of long-form levity, heads to the Arsht Center on Nov. 20
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Nov. 14-16
- ‘This American Life’ creator Ira Glass does mash-up with modern dancers to open Book Fair
- Book Fair fun, freebies & parades: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week