Fleet Week 2011
Show our men and women in uniform a good time at Fleet Week 2011.
Nearly 2,500 men and women of the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard visit South Florida’s 21st annual celebration of the maritime services, Fleet Week Port Everglades from April 25-May 1.
South Floridians can meet Sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, as well as witness first-hand the latest capabilities of today’s maritime services.
During the week Sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, will be participating in numerous community relations events throughout South Florida. Servicemembers will visit hospitals and schools, meet with veterans, feed the homeless, and participate in a beach clean-up and a blood drive.
And if you could care less about the actual service our military personel perform and just want to party with a bunch of hunky dudes in uniform, here are a few places to head with your friends.
All Hands On Deck
South Florida’s 21st annual celebration of the maritime services, Fleet Week Port Everglades 2011, by Humana Military Healthcare Services includes DJ and dancers at Center Fountain, Pride Navy Band concert, the Marlins Mermaids, food and drinks.Seminole Paradise
Mon., Apr. 25 from 6:00pm to 10:00pm, Seminole Paradise, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood. www.browardnavydaysinc.org
Celebrate Fleet Week 2011 with drinks, appetizer, buffet, music and dancing. Proceeds benefit Covenant House Florida, private agency serving runaway and homeless youth in Florida. America's Backyard.
Thu., Apr. 28 from 7:00pm to 10:00pm. Tickets $10-$25. America's Backyard, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale.
See and Do
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill
- Miami Events - February 2016