Fleet Week 2011
Show our men and women in uniform a good time at Fleet Week 2011.
Nearly 2,500 men and women of the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard visit South Florida’s 21st annual celebration of the maritime services, Fleet Week Port Everglades from April 25-May 1.
South Floridians can meet Sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, as well as witness first-hand the latest capabilities of today’s maritime services.
During the week Sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, will be participating in numerous community relations events throughout South Florida. Servicemembers will visit hospitals and schools, meet with veterans, feed the homeless, and participate in a beach clean-up and a blood drive.
And if you could care less about the actual service our military personel perform and just want to party with a bunch of hunky dudes in uniform, here are a few places to head with your friends.
All Hands On Deck
South Florida’s 21st annual celebration of the maritime services, Fleet Week Port Everglades 2011, by Humana Military Healthcare Services includes DJ and dancers at Center Fountain, Pride Navy Band concert, the Marlins Mermaids, food and drinks.Seminole Paradise
Mon., Apr. 25 from 6:00pm to 10:00pm, Seminole Paradise, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood. www.browardnavydaysinc.org
Celebrate Fleet Week 2011 with drinks, appetizer, buffet, music and dancing. Proceeds benefit Covenant House Florida, private agency serving runaway and homeless youth in Florida. America's Backyard.
Thu., Apr. 28 from 7:00pm to 10:00pm. Tickets $10-$25. America's Backyard, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale.
See and Do
- 2016 South Florida Firefighters Calendar hits Miami with two launch parties this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 28-30
- Regent Cocktail Club in Miami Beach teams up with Bookleggers Mobile Library for cocktail night
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 14-16
- "Weird Al" Yankovic brings his masterful musical parody to South Florida