Fleet Week 2011
Show our men and women in uniform a good time at Fleet Week 2011.
Nearly 2,500 men and women of the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard visit South Florida’s 21st annual celebration of the maritime services, Fleet Week Port Everglades from April 25-May 1.
South Floridians can meet Sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, as well as witness first-hand the latest capabilities of today’s maritime services.
During the week Sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen, will be participating in numerous community relations events throughout South Florida. Servicemembers will visit hospitals and schools, meet with veterans, feed the homeless, and participate in a beach clean-up and a blood drive.
And if you could care less about the actual service our military personel perform and just want to party with a bunch of hunky dudes in uniform, here are a few places to head with your friends.
All Hands On Deck
South Florida’s 21st annual celebration of the maritime services, Fleet Week Port Everglades 2011, by Humana Military Healthcare Services includes DJ and dancers at Center Fountain, Pride Navy Band concert, the Marlins Mermaids, food and drinks.Seminole Paradise
Mon., Apr. 25 from 6:00pm to 10:00pm, Seminole Paradise, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood. www.browardnavydaysinc.org
Celebrate Fleet Week 2011 with drinks, appetizer, buffet, music and dancing. Proceeds benefit Covenant House Florida, private agency serving runaway and homeless youth in Florida. America's Backyard.
Thu., Apr. 28 from 7:00pm to 10:00pm. Tickets $10-$25. America's Backyard, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12
- #HowToMiami - Street Art