The Flat takes over former Cozy space South of Fifth as a pre-party spot with tapas, cocktails
Before, Not After
There’s no shortage of places to party during the late night witching hours, but how about the whole before going out scene or lack thereof? Or maybe just going out, but not at 1 a.m.? Taking care of that business is The Flat, a soon to open South of Fifth spot and “before experience” by well known South Beach “door manager” Cedric Adegnika, featuring an “expansive menu of innovative cocktails along with a section of small plates based on a unique dining trend that will showcase artfully composed and presented petite culinary creations.” In other words, drinks and apps. Or tapas. Or small plates. Potato, potahto. Expect an opening at the end of January in the space formerly known as Cozy (500 S. Pointe Dr., Miami Beach).
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab
- Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi’lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016
- Move over koji: The "Approachable" Restaurant is Miami's latest, hottest food trend
- Picking your political poison: Broken Shaker debuts the Sorry Donald cocktail
- Who makes Miami's prettiest latte?
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli's 2-night Azul collaboration
- Donuts and cocktails for Friday's National Donut Day
- A new Top 10: Cypress Tavern cracks list of 2016's best-reviewed restaurants