The Flat takes over former Cozy space South of Fifth as a pre-party spot with tapas, cocktails
Before, Not After
There’s no shortage of places to party during the late night witching hours, but how about the whole before going out scene or lack thereof? Or maybe just going out, but not at 1 a.m.? Taking care of that business is The Flat, a soon to open South of Fifth spot and “before experience” by well known South Beach “door manager” Cedric Adegnika, featuring an “expansive menu of innovative cocktails along with a section of small plates based on a unique dining trend that will showcase artfully composed and presented petite culinary creations.” In other words, drinks and apps. Or tapas. Or small plates. Potato, potahto. Expect an opening at the end of January in the space formerly known as Cozy (500 S. Pointe Dr., Miami Beach).
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name