Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- 20 great parks, 20 great outings
- Instagram photos that prove that Biscayne National Park is a dazzling gem
- Check out these 5 events during Downtown Art Days
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug 26-28
- 'Star Wars' marathon at the Olympia Theater
- 'Psychic Match' star Deborah Graham talks about finding real love at Books & Books
- Public art to hunt down in Brickell and Downtown
- Surreal dance stories from Cuba
- Comic Iliza Shlesinger to bring her wit and wisdom to West Palm Beach
- 6 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Aug. 19-21