Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- City Theatre and Island City Stage team up for Shorts Gone Wild
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July 27 - Aug 2
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 24-26
- Overtown Music & Arts Festival is a soulful afternoon in historic Miami neighborhood
- International Salsa Festival takes over Tamiami Park for three days of salsa's finest performers
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July20-26
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami - July 17-19
- The Project [theatre] takes over Bardot with immersive hip hop theater
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami July 13-19: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- ‘Operation Pedro Pan: The Cuban Children’s Exodus' at HistoryMiami commemorates a dramatic migration