Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’
- Outdoor Movies, Earth Day Goodies, Summer Camp & Giveaways: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 20-26
- No 'pleading the fifth' for Andy Cohen in Miami
- Anderson Cooper comes to Miami for an intimate conversation
- Miami Science Museum hosts annual Galaxy Gala and Big Bang fundraiser
- Dennis Watkins brings magic back to the Arsht in ‘The Magnificents’
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates a decade of jokes