Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- 15 things to do with the kids Oct 5-11: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 2-4
- Miami Events - October 2015
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'