Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- 11 Holiday-themed Events in Miami
- Prism Creative Group has Miami's social itinerary - Dec. 1-15
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20