Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- YoungArts kicks off Outside the Box series with a show by musician Dave Eggar
- Carbonell winners take the stage at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami