Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12
- #HowToMiami - Street Art