Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- Our favorite Miami stories this week
- 6 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 29-31
- 6 Best Places to Take Miami Newbies
- 5 things that will always remind you you're in Miami
- 5 reasons why mango season is the best time to be in Miami
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- Friends of The Underline hosts #PokemonGoUnderline social media contest
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami