Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- Miami Events - December 2015
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Week: Nov 30 - Dec 5
- Eddie Izzard comes to Miami with 'Force Majeure' tour
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off