Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- S'mores, the Hunger Games & Annie: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 11-17