Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Disney on ice, mini camps & specialty crafts - Munchkin Fun's picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 19-21
- Pop-Up Parks Sprout in Downtown Miami Parking Spaces on Friday
- Port-au-Prince Jazz fest comes to Little Haiti Cultural Center
- Flamenco legend Antonio Canales performs with 'Siudy Between Worlds' at the Arsht Center
- Disney's 'Worlds of Fantasy' skates into Miami
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week