Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16
- President’s Day Weekend Guide 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 13-15
- Valentine’s Day events in Miami for sweeties, singles and families
- Cupid's Carnival, Pirates, Festivals & Freebie Fun: Top Picks: Feb 9-15
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 6-8