Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- 2016 South Florida Firefighters Calendar hits Miami with two launch parties this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 28-30
- Regent Cocktail Club in Miami Beach teams up with Bookleggers Mobile Library for cocktail night
- Frost Museum to hold its inaugural Science Art Cinema event
- Mad Cat’s ‘Lazy Fair’ at Miami Theater Center reunites partners in crime
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami Aug 24-30: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- PAMM Third Thursdays: Poplife Social featuring Million Young
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 21-23
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun Aug 17-23
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 14-16