Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 3-5
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- 10 Things to Do on July 4
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino