Festival of Flamenco Song returns to Arsht Center
Flamenco song, dance and guitar comes to the Arsht’s Carnival Studio Theater
The passionate songs and dances of flamenco take over the Carnival Studio Theater at the Adrienne Arsht Center’s Ziff Ballet Opera House next weekend when the ninth annual Festival of Flamenco Song in Miami brings artists from Spain to perform in South Florida.
Presented by Siempre Flamenco, the three-day festival will bring Madrid-based singer Paco del Pozo to Miami for the first time, along with singers Ismael de la Rosa and Javier Heredia of Seville. José Barrios of Cordoba, principal dancer and choreographer of the María Pages Flamenco Dance Company, will perform, and flamenco guitarists Paco Fonta and José Luis Rodriguez will play.
Performances are 8 p.m. Friday-Saturday, 4 p.m. Aug. 31 at the Arsht, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. Tickets are $45. Call 305- 949-6722 or visit www.arshtcenter.org for information.
See and Do
- Filmgate Interactive festival spotlights experimental film and performance
- Miami Events - February 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 30-Feb. 1
- Marshmallows, free yoga, American Girl crafts & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Jan. 23-25
- South Florida theater season is heating up
- Fairchild's International Chocolate Festival returns
- ‘Late Night’ host Seth Meyers goes back to stand up roots in Miami
- Chocolate festivals, family gardening, American Girl & Home Depot: Top picks Jan 20-25
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 23-25