Flamenco: Cabaret Around the World with Pedro Alfonso and Friends
Cabaret Around the World with Pedro Alfonso and Friends at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center.
Cuban virtuoso Pedro Alfonso is something of a musical chameleon. The violinist, who has played with the likes of Gloria Estefan, Shakira and Juanes, hosts the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center’s (10950 SW 211th St., Cutler Bay) monthly Cabaret Around the World series, bringing together a diverse group of musicians to perform in a variety of styles and genres, taking the audience on an unforgettable musical journey.
This month, join him and his colleagues on a trip to Southern Spain for an evening of flamenco rhythms. Shows at 8:30 p.m. Friday and at 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Saturday. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 day of show. Information at 786-573-5300 or www.smdcac.org.
Music in Miami
- Tortuga Music Festival rocks the ocean this weekend
- Aaron Lebos reaches a ‘Turning Point’
- Boney James brings sax appeal to Jazz in the Gardens
- Kelly Rowland spreads her wings
- Anthony Hamilton brings smooth sounds to Jazz in the Gardens 2014
- Max Raabe and the Palast Orchester bring vintage sounds to the Arsht Center
- Travie McCoy performs at the WGC Cadillac Championship this Saturday
- Virginia Key Grassroots Festival offers four days of music, camping, fun
- Charlie Wilson performs in Miami this Saturday
- Julio Iglesias, Latin lion in winter, sings Saturday at AmericanAirlines Arena