FLA-FRA Festival closes with performance by Cédric Andrieux
Renowned dancer Cédric Andrieux performs a solo show at the Colony Theatre.
Tigertail’s FLA-FRA Festival wraps this evening with Cédric Andrieux, a solo created by leading French choreographer Jérôme Bel for renowned contemporary dancer Cédric Andrieux. In this illuminating work, veteran dancer Cédric Andrieux reflects on his life as a dancer and confronts the question of what drives him as an artist. Integrating excerpts, Bel provides an intimate look at Andrieux’s career by using snapshots of the renowned contemporary dancer’s life in dance, his training in France, his years with the Merce Cunningham Dance Company, all narrated and danced by Andrieux. The performances is Saturday at 8:30 p.m. at the Colony Theatre (1040 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach). Tickets are $20-$50 at Tigertail.org.
See and Do
- Turkey trots, holiday parades & airport survival: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Thanksgiving week
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Marvel Universe LIVE! superheroes and villains invade South Florida this weekend
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Freebie fun, Thanksgiving parties & Book Fair tips: Munchkin Fun's top picks for Nov 17-21
- Mike Birbiglia, the master of long-form levity, heads to the Arsht Center on Nov. 20
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Nov. 14-16
- ‘This American Life’ creator Ira Glass does mash-up with modern dancers to open Book Fair
- Book Fair fun, freebies & parades: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week