5 Fashion Essentials for South Beach Wine and Food Festival
Neon bags, bold baubles and statement making sandals are must-haves
Dressing up for South Beach Wine and Food Festival 2012 is all about keeping it casually chic. Here are the top 5 trends you’ll be spotting on attendees and where to get them no matter your budget. Plus, check out Men's Top 5 Must-Haves for the festival. Click Here to see the gallery.
Miami gals are known for teetering tottering around town in 5 inch heels. But, at the four day festival it’s all about donning statement making flat sandals.
Luxe: Miu Miu’s Glitter Cherry metallic and patent leather sandals ( as seen above) are a must. $595;Available at Saks Fifth Avenue.
Budget: Steve Madden’s Doriann gladiator combines beading and artsy straps. $59.;
Wayfarers, aviator and oversized looks are still hot sunglass trends. Yet, this year eyewear with pops of color are the look du jour.
Luxe: Vera Wang’s Lesalla. $150; Available at Nordstrom.
Budget: Old Navy’s Oversized Round Glasses. $9.
Leave the dainty jewelry at home, this year everything is brighter and bigger. Think Man Repeller style. You know, those necklaces she’s been sporting from gal pals’ Dannijo? That’s the kind you’ll see.
Luxe: Venessa Arizaga’ Krishna Krishna (as seen above) combines bling and neon factor. $380; Available at Net-a-Porter.
Budget: Have an arm party with homegrown designers Nani and Kaki’s Shop N&K Designs hand-made neon bracelets. $35.
Colorful Carry Ons
Toting a black or brown purse is a major no-no. Instead, it’s all about channeling your inner Rainbow Brite. Color, color and more color are your only options.
Luxe: Diane von Furstenberg’s mini Harper bag in pink neon makes the perfect cross body bag. $295; Available at Neiman Marcus.
Budget: Like the Camper Satchel bag, but can’t afford it? Target’s Xhilaration Yellow Crossbody looks just like it except it only costs $24.99.
Straw fedoras are not only great for warding off UV rays, but they complete the ensemble effortlessly.
Luxe: Eugenia Kim’s Max has leopard print raffia weaving for that extra oomph factor.$270; Available at Eden Roc’s Elle Spa store.
Budget: Forever 21’s Classic Fedora with a striped grosgrain band. $10
- Uncorked 2013: Reports from the 2013 South Beach Wine & Food Festival
- Breaking news: New SBWFF Grand Tasting Tickets
- Talking cooking demos, food & music with Trisha Yearwood
- Talking music, food & the South Beach Wine & Food Festival with Ziggy Marley
- Talking beef, Burger Bash & the South Beach Wine & Food Festival with Michael Symon
- Talking Wine & Food, Catch Miami & restaurant trends with Top Chef's Hung Huynh
- Talking Burger Bash and South Beach's past & present with Geoffrey Zakarian
- Talking TV, cooking demos & late-night after-parties with Curtis Stone
- Talking fried chicken & Miami restaurants with The Dutch's Andrew Carmellini
- Talking Burger Bash, Best of the Best & South Beach Wine & Food Festival with Alex Guarnaschelli