Fittest men on the planet
Lad mag includes lots of dudes
The results are in! Men’s Fitness honors its MF 25 Fittest Guys. From the boardroom to the classroom, the big screen to the small, these guys are at the top of their game. They’ve conquered mountains – both literally and figuratively. They’re record breakers, superheroes, and regular Joes. And that hard work, drive, sweat and discipline is just a tiny part of what keeps them among the worlds fittest. Herewith, a sampling of the top five:
Chris Evans, The Action Hero, 30 Evans starred as Marvel Comic Superhero, Captain America. Evans took the role seriously, working with a personal trainer to build bigger biceps and tone his abs, transforming his body into the jacked frame of Marvel Comic’s super soldier.
Alex O’Loughlin, The Five-O, 34 The Australian-born actor is the star of TV’s hit Hawaii Five-O remake. Thanks to interval training, boxing and surfing, O’Loughlin is able maintain a six-pack, to keep up with his Navy SEAL role. He also admits to drinking a gallon and a half of water daily, sticking to a low-sodium diet.
Jordy Smith, The Wave Rider, 24 At 6’2” and nearly 190 pounds, the South African native is the biggest, tallest guy in the World Surf Tour. Smith is a pioneering new-school surfer, boosting huge aerial tricks high above the lip of the wave. He runs outdoors and hits the gym for spinning, skipping rope, lifting and stretching.
Henry Cavill, The Superstar, 28 Not everyone can rock superhero spandex, but once Tudors, star Henry Cavill slipped on the iconic Superman suit, he scored the coveted role. Cavill hits the gym pretty hard with Gym Jones founder Mark Twight.
Liam Neeson, The Tough Guy, 59 The Irish actor reinvented his career, starring in a slew of action flicks. Neelson credits his background as an amateur boxer for his ability to take on these physically demanding parts: “There’s a discipline to getting up at 6, working 17 hours, and then coming home to work out,” he says. While Neeson uses a stunt double on set, he handles all of his own fighting.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how