Chef Dean Max crowned King of American Seafood by Food Network.
Chef Dean Max knows his fish.
The culinary whiz over at 3030 Ocean at Marriott Harbor Beach and Spa Resort in Fort Lauderdale was crowned King of American Seafood at the 2010 Great American Seafood Cook-Off in New Orleans.
Cohosted by Jeff Corwin, of Food Network's Extreme Cuisine, the contest paired some of the country's top toques, each preparing a domestic-seafood dish that reflected the cuisine of their home state. Max's keeper was Sebastian Inlet Clams BBLT (bacon, basil, lettuce, and tomato). Look for it on the menu at 3030 for the next three months.
On Our Radar
- Fort Lauderdale's Fish Tank Kings returns
- Wild and crazy guy: Steve O in town for shows
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love