Chef Dean Max crowned King of American Seafood by Food Network.
Chef Dean Max knows his fish.
The culinary whiz over at 3030 Ocean at Marriott Harbor Beach and Spa Resort in Fort Lauderdale was crowned King of American Seafood at the 2010 Great American Seafood Cook-Off in New Orleans.
Cohosted by Jeff Corwin, of Food Network's Extreme Cuisine, the contest paired some of the country's top toques, each preparing a domestic-seafood dish that reflected the cuisine of their home state. Max's keeper was Sebastian Inlet Clams BBLT (bacon, basil, lettuce, and tomato). Look for it on the menu at 3030 for the next three months.
On Our Radar
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)
- Magic Mike style show coming to Miami