Chef Dean Max crowned King of American Seafood by Food Network.
Chef Dean Max knows his fish.
The culinary whiz over at 3030 Ocean at Marriott Harbor Beach and Spa Resort in Fort Lauderdale was crowned King of American Seafood at the 2010 Great American Seafood Cook-Off in New Orleans.
Cohosted by Jeff Corwin, of Food Network's Extreme Cuisine, the contest paired some of the country's top toques, each preparing a domestic-seafood dish that reflected the cuisine of their home state. Max's keeper was Sebastian Inlet Clams BBLT (bacon, basil, lettuce, and tomato). Look for it on the menu at 3030 for the next three months.
On Our Radar
- Lil Wayne takes out loan
- Dance meets charity with SWAY
- Miami Heat players attend opening of new Edition Boutique.
- Donald Trump spends Turkey Day in Florida
- Michael B Jordan in Miami talking 'Creed'
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding