Chef Dean Max crowned King of American Seafood by Food Network.
Chef Dean Max knows his fish.
The culinary whiz over at 3030 Ocean at Marriott Harbor Beach and Spa Resort in Fort Lauderdale was crowned King of American Seafood at the 2010 Great American Seafood Cook-Off in New Orleans.
Cohosted by Jeff Corwin, of Food Network's Extreme Cuisine, the contest paired some of the country's top toques, each preparing a domestic-seafood dish that reflected the cuisine of their home state. Max's keeper was Sebastian Inlet Clams BBLT (bacon, basil, lettuce, and tomato). Look for it on the menu at 3030 for the next three months.
On Our Radar
- John Leguizamo in Miami to talk new movie
- Dave Chappelle seen at club until the wee hours
- Mario Chalmers hosts first annual Red Hot Winter Wonderland
- Robi Draco Rosa reveals that cancer has returned
- Demi Lovato a headliner at Y100 Jingle Ball
- Strange turn in Justin Bieber lawsuit
- Is Lindsay Lohan behind Basel beatdown?
- Paul Walker to costar with Miami native
- Michael Jordan's wife expecting
- Dwyane Wade’s ex wants divorce declared null and void