Chef Dean Max crowned King of American Seafood by Food Network.
Chef Dean Max knows his fish.
The culinary whiz over at 3030 Ocean at Marriott Harbor Beach and Spa Resort in Fort Lauderdale was crowned King of American Seafood at the 2010 Great American Seafood Cook-Off in New Orleans.
Cohosted by Jeff Corwin, of Food Network's Extreme Cuisine, the contest paired some of the country's top toques, each preparing a domestic-seafood dish that reflected the cuisine of their home state. Max's keeper was Sebastian Inlet Clams BBLT (bacon, basil, lettuce, and tomato). Look for it on the menu at 3030 for the next three months.
On Our Radar
- Chef gives tips on enjoying a unique July 4
- You're invited to Nordstrom's Beauty Bash
- Karent Sierra headed to jail (not really)
- Lil Wayne finally pays up
- Boca Raton native Ariana Grande: lots going on
- Target teams with Lauren Bush's Feed Project
- One Direction surprises fans on Miami Beach
- Band WAR playing at Magic City Casino
- Devil Wears Prada author coming to Aventura Mall
- Danish architect in town for groundbreaking in Grove