Bianca at the Delano Hotel brings upscale Italian to South Beach
Expect over-the-top parties and high-rolling meals at upscale Italian newcomer Bianca at the Delano Hotel on South Beach
1685 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
The goods: Expect over-the-top parties and high-rolling meals at the Delano’s new restaurant, Bianca, managed by Las Vegas’ Light Group.
Ambience: Redesigned by Sam Robin, the former Blue Door Fish space has a more subdued, elegant look with blonde wood tables, linen-covered chairs and oversized mirrors. The sexy patio boasts flowing linen curtains, candlelit tables and a view of the pool-bar parade.
The grub: Upscale pan-Italian. Executive chef Brian Massie (Fix at the Bellagio, Las Vegas) is a Slow Food adherent who focuses on local, organic ingredients. Prices are skewed to the affluent: starters $18-$36, mains $27-$58 and sides $11.
Dinner begins with a basket of crusty mini-baguettes and a dish of Italian olive oil. Starters include grilled sardines with chopped olives and shaved fennel, plump burrata on a rustic wooden board with pata negra ham and balsamic vinegar, shaved artichoke salad with Parmesan cheese, an heirloom tomato salad with goat cheese and basil cream and meatballs with “12-hour gravy.”
Pasta dishes include straightforward spaghetti pomodoro with San Marzano tomatoes, heavier veal and pancetta Bolognese and decadent house-made tagliatelle bathed in Parmesan sauce and topped with shaved Piedmonte and black truffles. Mains include a hefty sirloin “bisteca” plated with truffle fries and a steamed snapper topped with tart cherry tomatoes. Sides include roasted baby carrots with raisins and pine nuts and rich creamed spinach with shaved black truffles.
Desserts include panna cotta, tiramisu, cheesecake and the $14 “dolcettio misti,” a wooden board piled with eight mini-desserts perfect for sharing.
Verdict: A luxe Italian newcomer at the Delano with opulent dishes and a serene atmosphere.
- Brad Kilgore wants to alter your perceptions at Alter
- Fancy Asian tapas and umami cocktails beckon at Kuro
- Get your frites on: Bistro Cassis opens in midtown Miami
- Take a swim with Soho Bay's fresh fish dishes
- Coral Gables gets buzzy over new Spanish restaurant Piripi
- Icy-cool crudo and rocket-hot rocks at Modern Garden in Miami
- New-look STK in Miami Beach is off to a sexy, meaty start
- Zuma's sibling Coya swaggers into Brickell
- Fooq's is dishing out a global bouquet of food in downtown Miami
- Bagatelle brings its rowdy French party to South Beach