First Look: Manny's Steakhouse
Our "green" mayor gets his own steakhouse. We hope it's grass fed.
By Marguerite Gil
The goods: The Mets are invading Miami. No, not the baseball team, the buildings. Located where Biscayne Boulevard starts curving its way uptown, Miami MET One, Two and Three are suddenly creating late-afternoon sun shade over the Miami Circle and Bayside. It's just a matter of time before the whole area is teaming with yo-pro (young professional) hipsters looking for a nesting area close to bustling Brickell and downtown attractions. And mayoral monikered Manny's Steakhouse will be there when they do.
Manny's interior surroundings are inspired by the food it serves. Cowskins cover the columns, booths are black leather sleek. Guests can dine indoors or in the open-air, ample bar area, which affords a view of the Miami River and Biscayne Bay.
The Grub: Generous portions of 21-day dry aged center cuts of beef topped with all the trimmings. Start with an appetizer like jumbo sea scallops Benedict, then move onto entrees such as the obligatory New York strip ($44.94), 14-oz filet mignon ($43.94), ahi tuna ($33.00) or lobster cakes ($23). The wait staff is overly efficient, and the wine list contains an extensive reserve list with deep vintages and more than 1000 bottles of reds, whites and champagnes.
The verdict: With some luck (and good marketing), Manny's will become a socializing spot for the well-heeled who enjoy top-grade surf and turf and high-octane mojitos.
Manny's Steakhouse, MET One, 300 S. Biscayne Blvd; 305-938-9000; free valet
Eaten here? Leave a review!
- Porfirio's Restaurant puts upscale Mexican food in South Beach
- Fork and Balls busts out a lotta love for meatballs in Fort Lauderdale
- L'echon Brasserie blends French classics with Pubbelly twists in Miami Beach
- La Gazzetta in Miami draws crowds for its pizzas, happy hour, desserts
- New El'eat Restaurant goes for Modern American in North Miami Beach
- New-look Larios on the Beach puts an Estefan spin on Cuban food
- Basil Park boosts healthy food in Sunny Isles Beach
- New BLT Prime gets Trump treatment in Doral
- New AQ restaurant serves Florida-centric fare in Sunny Isles Beach's ritzy Acqualina Resort
- Orange Blossom restaurant in Miami Beach has Old Florida feel with New American cooking