Move over, Dora dolls, custom toy portraits by Miami-based artist Erin Chainani make splendid gifts.
Dora the Explorer tchotchkes, piggybanks, rattles, alphabet blocks, Baby Einstien videos — all make for totally acceptable children’s gifts but all spell a big ol’ fat M-E-H.
Give the babes in your life something more exciting than a pair of SpongeBob slippers, will ya?
Gift them a custom toy portrait by Miami-based artist Erin Chainani. Through her business, First Friends, simply e-mail or mail Erin a snapshot of your tot’s most treasured toy and she’ll paint it along with its name in watercolor, gouache and ink (starting at $95). For an extra $30, Erin can frame your portrait and gift wrap is free (yes!).
Erin received an M.F.A. in Costume Design from the Yale School of Drama and a B.A. in English Literature from Harvard University. When not designing clothes or chasing after her two-year-old twins, she sells her custom paintings for children throughout the States and internationally.
Each piece leaves a lasting impression — unlike that Zhu Zhu pet parked at the bottom of the toy bin.
By Erin Chainani
Phone: (917) 833-6924
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Launch Is Heavenly Scent
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know Were Sprouting up In the Design District
- Where is the newest H&M going to open in South Florida? We know all the details
- Sawgrass Mills Memorial Day Super Sale
- H&M Aventura Is Getting a Facelift
- Destination Fashion 2016 Recap
- Design on a Dime 2016
- Bal Harbour Shops Hosts Film Festival for Fashion Lovers
- Trina Turk & Mr. Turk Boutique Opening in MiMo
- 9 New Stores At Sawgrass Mills