Fireworks, festivals, parades & Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
July 4th fun, picnic with pets, crafts & much more
Happy holiday week! We love July 4 for the fireworks, festivals and family fun...
PLAN FOURTH FUN
Ring in July 4th in style with our 2014 guide to family fun. We’ve got crafts, crowns, country music, line dancing, BBQs, picnics, staycattions, parades and fireworks galore. Click here for all the details - don’t miss out!
FIND FREEBIE FUN
Treat the kids to a free screening of Walking with Dinosaurs at Paragon Grove, make a summer reading bookmark at American Girl, explore the ins and outs of sea turtles on Key Biscayne, check out a moonlit movie in Midtown or get a jumpstart on holliday fun with a July 4th arts & crafts session at Mall of the Americas. Click here for all the details.
Bring your favorite four-legged friend to the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens for a picnic with the pets featuring a pet-friendly picnic, a doggie fashion show & kids activities; get creative at a Discovering Design family workshop at the Wolfsonian; continue holiday fun with July 5-6 festivities at Bayside; or treat the kids to Pinocchio at Actors’ Playhouse. Click here to start planning.
HELP SAVE THE LIBRARY
Love the library? Help save it from budget cuts. The Friends of the Miami-Dade Public Library is urging you to call your commissioner and ask him/her to send money to your library. Every call makes a big impact. Click here to get the number and more information.
See and Do
- 7 Reasons Surfside is Miami's Coolest Beach Town
- Debate watching parties in Miami
- 7 Places You Must Visit in Key Biscayne
- Louis C.K. announces four show run at Arsht Center in November
- Miami public spaces are getting a makeover with these upcoming projects
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Live the nostalgia of ‘¿Qué Pasa, USA?’ this Saturday
- 4 Fitness Events in South Florida for Gym Rats
- Everglades gets funky with Wynwood benefit