Filly Brown premiere at Regal South Beach
If you happen to be seeing a movie at Regal South Beach cinema Tuesday night you may see some celebs milling around on the second floor. That’s where the local premiere of Filly Brown is being held. Walking the red carpet will be director Michael Olmos, his dad and costar Edward James Olmos as well as fellow costar Lou Diamond Phillips. The film is about a young woman trying to make it in the hip hop world. Jenni Rivera plays her mom, in the singer’s final role. The première will see various attendees from Hispanicize 2013, an annual five-day event starting Tuesday for Latino trendsetters like Soledad O’Brien, Carlos Ponce and Charo held at the EdenRoc Hotel.
On Our Radar
- Rap mogul Birdman dating Toni Braxton
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour