FESTIVAL<p />11 a.m.<p
Miami Riverday Festival celebrates the history of the Miami River and features family fun activities including free boat tours along the Miami River, live music by Luis Bofill and historical reenactments. Lummus Historic Park, 250 NW North River Dr., Miami; www.miamirivercommission.org.
Lea and Roy Black host the Black’s Annual Gala to benefit the Consequences Charity & Foundation with performances by Dionne Warwick, Pharrell Williams and Pitbull. Expect plenty of “Real Housewives” in attendance as well as other celebs. Tickets start at $650. Eden Roc Hotel, 4525 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; www.theblacksannualgala.com.
Nightlife mogul Gerry Kelly hosts the VIP Red Carpet Grand Opening Gala for his latest resto/lounge, Trio on the Bay. DJ Vertigo spins and guests can enjoy cocktails and nibbles from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. Trio on the Bay, 1601 79th Causeway, North Bay Village; RSVP@jejeconsulting.com.
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew