This group show explores and deconstructs what it means to be a woman.
Saturday, November 6, 7 – 10 p.m.
Nomade Gallery, 3133 Commodore Plaza, Coconut Grove; wwww.NomadeArts.com.
Nomade Gallery in Coconut Grove celebrates all that is feminine with its newest exhibition Femmes, a show featuring works of contemporary artists such as Miami photographer/artist Tomas Loewy, photographers Katya Kova, Aida Tejada, and Marcus Loerbroks and painters Yashmin Campagne from Trinidad, Carol Adrianza from Venezuela, Magdali Dos Santos and French sculptor Catherine Bon.
The exhibit opens a discourse on gender identity, its social and political definitions and reaches beyond them to explore what it means to be a woman. The artists explore classical beauties from pop-culture and portraits drawn from the media age that define femininity today. Femmes also aims to unravel the ironic standards and tight conventions by which women are portrayed. Each artist has developed their own images that postulate new forms of female representation, producing works which are at times tantalizing, at others subtle and compelling.
Femmes opens on Saturday during the Coconut Grove Art Walk which takes place the first Saturday of each month.
Saturday, November 6, 7 – 10 p.m. at Nomade Gallery, 3133 Commodore Plaza, Coconut Grove; wwww.NomadeArts.com.
See and Do
- City Theatre and Island City Stage team up for Shorts Gone Wild
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July 27 - Aug 2
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 24-26
- Overtown Music & Arts Festival is a soulful afternoon in historic Miami neighborhood
- International Salsa Festival takes over Tamiami Park for three days of salsa's finest performers
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July20-26
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami - July 17-19
- The Project [theatre] takes over Bardot with immersive hip hop theater
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami July 13-19: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- ‘Operation Pedro Pan: The Cuban Children’s Exodus' at HistoryMiami commemorates a dramatic migration