Feb. Wine of the Month: Smooth Operator
This 2008 merlot reminds us love can be sexy
Love was smooth in the 80s. A spiky-haired Pat Benatar screamed “Love is a Battlefield.” And a presumably heterosexual George Michael advocated “Monogamy” as he sang, “I Want Your Sex” (For years, I thought it was “Mahogany” lol).
But now love has become a sloppy reality television show with women pulling out each other’s weaves and shiny-pecked men vying for their 15 minutes through creepy hook-ups.
Yet then there are those moments like when President Obama sang a little Al Green while I was sipping a yummy, Washington-style Merlot. The 2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is Al Green-smooth - a deep, violet color bursting from a velvety, round, soft body. Merlot-lovers will relish aromas and flavors of black cherries and currants, anise and vanilla reminding us that love can still be sexy.
2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is available for $19.99 at:
Publix, Biscayne Commons, 14641 Biscayne Blvd. North Miami, 305-354-2171.
Tweet Dinkinish @Gourmetsquatter. Follow her on her food and wine adventures at gourmetsquatter.blogspot.com
- Gianni's is an ode to Versace
- 5 places in Miami to celebrate National Tequila Day
- Have you discovered Miami's top 5 hidden bars yet?
- Could this be the best wine bar on Calle Ocho in Miami?
- 5 best ladies nights in Fort Lauderdale
- These are the best places for a fun ladies night on Miami Beach
- Where to order a $435 shot on National Scotch Day
- Where to get a 24-karat gold infused margarita on National Tequila Day
- Where to bar hop on Miami Beach without leaving the hotel
- 5 New Bars in Miami You Must Visit this Weekend