Feb. Wine of the Month: Smooth Operator
This 2008 merlot reminds us love can be sexy
Love was smooth in the 80s. A spiky-haired Pat Benatar screamed “Love is a Battlefield.” And a presumably heterosexual George Michael advocated “Monogamy” as he sang, “I Want Your Sex” (For years, I thought it was “Mahogany” lol).
But now love has become a sloppy reality television show with women pulling out each other’s weaves and shiny-pecked men vying for their 15 minutes through creepy hook-ups.
Yet then there are those moments like when President Obama sang a little Al Green while I was sipping a yummy, Washington-style Merlot. The 2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is Al Green-smooth - a deep, violet color bursting from a velvety, round, soft body. Merlot-lovers will relish aromas and flavors of black cherries and currants, anise and vanilla reminding us that love can still be sexy.
2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is available for $19.99 at:
Publix, Biscayne Commons, 14641 Biscayne Blvd. North Miami, 305-354-2171.
Tweet Dinkinish @Gourmetsquatter. Follow her on her food and wine adventures at gourmetsquatter.blogspot.com
- Craft beer of the week: SweetWater Johnny Hash IPA
- Craft Beer of the Week: Adelbert's Naked Nun
- Tobacco Road opens 'The Cocktail Collection' to recreate the space's speakeasy vibe from Prohibition
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Open in Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week