Feb. Wine of the Month: Smooth Operator
This 2008 merlot reminds us love can be sexy
Love was smooth in the 80s. A spiky-haired Pat Benatar screamed “Love is a Battlefield.” And a presumably heterosexual George Michael advocated “Monogamy” as he sang, “I Want Your Sex” (For years, I thought it was “Mahogany” lol).
But now love has become a sloppy reality television show with women pulling out each other’s weaves and shiny-pecked men vying for their 15 minutes through creepy hook-ups.
Yet then there are those moments like when President Obama sang a little Al Green while I was sipping a yummy, Washington-style Merlot. The 2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is Al Green-smooth - a deep, violet color bursting from a velvety, round, soft body. Merlot-lovers will relish aromas and flavors of black cherries and currants, anise and vanilla reminding us that love can still be sexy.
2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is available for $19.99 at:
Publix, Biscayne Commons, 14641 Biscayne Blvd. North Miami, 305-354-2171.
Tweet Dinkinish @Gourmetsquatter. Follow her on her food and wine adventures at gourmetsquatter.blogspot.com
- Medicinal Cocktail Bar Drogerie Opens in Miami Beach
- Moët Ice keeps the Heat playoffs White Hot as the NBA Finals begin
- Tuesday night's are "Martini Culture" time at The Raleigh
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Thai Cocktails in Miami
- Shellback Rum Interactive Mixology with Tony Abou-Ganim invites you to a cocktail crash course
- The Flat brings creative cocktails to Miami Beach’s South of Fifth area
- High-End Whiskey and Creative Techniques at Swine in Coral Gables
- Casa Dragones tequila provides a refined taste
- Pavan liqueur brings new flavor to Miami's bar scene