Feb. Wine of the Month: Smooth Operator
This 2008 merlot reminds us love can be sexy
Love was smooth in the 80s. A spiky-haired Pat Benatar screamed “Love is a Battlefield.” And a presumably heterosexual George Michael advocated “Monogamy” as he sang, “I Want Your Sex” (For years, I thought it was “Mahogany” lol).
But now love has become a sloppy reality television show with women pulling out each other’s weaves and shiny-pecked men vying for their 15 minutes through creepy hook-ups.
Yet then there are those moments like when President Obama sang a little Al Green while I was sipping a yummy, Washington-style Merlot. The 2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is Al Green-smooth - a deep, violet color bursting from a velvety, round, soft body. Merlot-lovers will relish aromas and flavors of black cherries and currants, anise and vanilla reminding us that love can still be sexy.
2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is available for $19.99 at:
Publix, Biscayne Commons, 14641 Biscayne Blvd. North Miami, 305-354-2171.
Tweet Dinkinish @Gourmetsquatter. Follow her on her food and wine adventures at gourmetsquatter.blogspot.com
- Order a six-pack of Oculto this Saturday and get a visit from Lady Oculto herself
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- Coya debuts new weekly mixology series
- Four whisky and beer pairings by Highland Park designed to stimulate your palate
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice's mixology program proves it's more than just an ice bar
- Chef James Tahhan's new menu for Sabores is full of flavor
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- Could this be the Best Post-Party Brunch in Miami: Prime Fish
- AC Hotel Miami Beach offers awesome bar special to Miami locals
- Go Drink This: The Aviator