Feb. Wine of the Month: Smooth Operator
This 2008 merlot reminds us love can be sexy
Love was smooth in the 80s. A spiky-haired Pat Benatar screamed “Love is a Battlefield.” And a presumably heterosexual George Michael advocated “Monogamy” as he sang, “I Want Your Sex” (For years, I thought it was “Mahogany” lol).
But now love has become a sloppy reality television show with women pulling out each other’s weaves and shiny-pecked men vying for their 15 minutes through creepy hook-ups.
Yet then there are those moments like when President Obama sang a little Al Green while I was sipping a yummy, Washington-style Merlot. The 2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is Al Green-smooth - a deep, violet color bursting from a velvety, round, soft body. Merlot-lovers will relish aromas and flavors of black cherries and currants, anise and vanilla reminding us that love can still be sexy.
2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is available for $19.99 at:
Publix, Biscayne Commons, 14641 Biscayne Blvd. North Miami, 305-354-2171.
Tweet Dinkinish @Gourmetsquatter. Follow her on her food and wine adventures at gourmetsquatter.blogspot.com
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar
- Celebrate National Rum Day all month long at Repour Bar
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 5 cocktails to get you ready for National Melon Day
- Dolce Italian at the Gale South Beach brings Italian fare and flair
- Become an expert behind-the-bar at Regent Cocktail Club's mixology class
- 5 places every pisco lover should try
- Where to go and what to order in Miami for National Rum Day
- 5 must-try Italian spots in Coconut Grove
- 9 occasions that call for a bottle of bubbly