Feb. Wine of the Month: Smooth Operator
This 2008 merlot reminds us love can be sexy
Love was smooth in the 80s. A spiky-haired Pat Benatar screamed “Love is a Battlefield.” And a presumably heterosexual George Michael advocated “Monogamy” as he sang, “I Want Your Sex” (For years, I thought it was “Mahogany” lol).
But now love has become a sloppy reality television show with women pulling out each other’s weaves and shiny-pecked men vying for their 15 minutes through creepy hook-ups.
Yet then there are those moments like when President Obama sang a little Al Green while I was sipping a yummy, Washington-style Merlot. The 2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is Al Green-smooth - a deep, violet color bursting from a velvety, round, soft body. Merlot-lovers will relish aromas and flavors of black cherries and currants, anise and vanilla reminding us that love can still be sexy.
2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is available for $19.99 at:
Publix, Biscayne Commons, 14641 Biscayne Blvd. North Miami, 305-354-2171.
Tweet Dinkinish @Gourmetsquatter. Follow her on her food and wine adventures at gourmetsquatter.blogspot.com
- Go Drink This: The J-Bird Cocktail
- Toast Mac's Club Deuce owner as he turns 100
- Go Drink This: Grand Dad's Breakfast
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Go Drink This: Bellini at Cipriani Miami
- Go Drink This: Spicy Roman at Set Nightclub
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail