Feb. Wine of the Month: Smooth Operator
This 2008 merlot reminds us love can be sexy
Love was smooth in the 80s. A spiky-haired Pat Benatar screamed “Love is a Battlefield.” And a presumably heterosexual George Michael advocated “Monogamy” as he sang, “I Want Your Sex” (For years, I thought it was “Mahogany” lol).
But now love has become a sloppy reality television show with women pulling out each other’s weaves and shiny-pecked men vying for their 15 minutes through creepy hook-ups.
Yet then there are those moments like when President Obama sang a little Al Green while I was sipping a yummy, Washington-style Merlot. The 2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is Al Green-smooth - a deep, violet color bursting from a velvety, round, soft body. Merlot-lovers will relish aromas and flavors of black cherries and currants, anise and vanilla reminding us that love can still be sexy.
2008 Chateau Ste. Michelle Indian Wells Merlot is available for $19.99 at:
Publix, Biscayne Commons, 14641 Biscayne Blvd. North Miami, 305-354-2171.
Tweet Dinkinish @Gourmetsquatter. Follow her on her food and wine adventures at gourmetsquatter.blogspot.com
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Sneak Peek: cocktails at the new Lure Fishbar at the Loews
- Portofino Wine Bank hosts exclusive champagne tasting for its 10th anniversary
- Speakeasy-style bar opens in Fort Lauderdale
- 'Eat Your Words:' a culinary conversation with local writers and top chef Mark Zeitouni at The Standard Miami Beach
- Enjoy craft spirits and beer in Miami this weekend
- Sneak Peek: Public House Opens on Miami Beach in October
- Sweetwater Beer Garden Pop-Up Opens in South Beach
- Michy's Cocktail Menu
- Michy’s Introduces First Cocktail Menu