Feast on sophisticated seafood at Pompano Beach's McCoy’s Oceanfront
Bite into the Prohibition-influenced fish tavern on Ocean Blvd.
1200 N Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach
The goods: McCoy’s Oceanfront is a stylish fish tavern on Pompano Beach’s Ocean Boulevard.
Ambience: Located in the Pompano Beach Marriott, McCoy’s has a spacious patio, wooden floors, sand-colored banquettes and copper fish art.
The grub: Modern American seafood at upscale prices: Starters $10-$16 and mains $15-$29.
Shrimp cocktail, crispy calamari and lump crab cakes precede pompano, grouper, New England scallops and house-made gnocchi with rock shrimp, saffron and white wine.
Pair entrées with pesto butter, carrot hummus or eggplant relish and end on a sweet note with Key lime pie or house-made sorbet.
Verdict: Nautical comfort food with a sophisticated vibe in Pompano Beach.
- Go Drink This: Passion Fruit Cilantro Caipirinha
- db Bistro Moderne Serves Up Art You Can Drink
- Summer in the city: DBGB, boozy fundraisers and bikini contests
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz
- Woodchuck Transforms The Annex in Wynwood into a Big Top for Gumption Cider Launch
- Go Drink This: Banjan Groove
- New Patrón lets you step up your Cinco de Mayo game
- Nahko and Medicine for the People at Grand Central, Dance Band Night, Electric Piquete & Buck 15 Redux
- Cinco de Mayo Parties in Miami and South Florida
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo