Feast on sophisticated seafood at Pompano Beach's McCoy’s Oceanfront
Bite into the Prohibition-influenced fish tavern on Ocean Blvd.
1200 N Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach
The goods: McCoy’s Oceanfront is a stylish fish tavern on Pompano Beach’s Ocean Boulevard.
Ambience: Located in the Pompano Beach Marriott, McCoy’s has a spacious patio, wooden floors, sand-colored banquettes and copper fish art.
The grub: Modern American seafood at upscale prices: Starters $10-$16 and mains $15-$29.
Shrimp cocktail, crispy calamari and lump crab cakes precede pompano, grouper, New England scallops and house-made gnocchi with rock shrimp, saffron and white wine.
Pair entrées with pesto butter, carrot hummus or eggplant relish and end on a sweet note with Key lime pie or house-made sorbet.
Verdict: Nautical comfort food with a sophisticated vibe in Pompano Beach.
- Sake, beer, oysters and Basel, Art Basel
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- ICON Miami opening soon in former Mansion space and now hiring
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: DECK sixteen at Hyatt Centric
- Neat Stuff's Casino Night returns this Friday at Nikki Beach
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Go Drink This: The Aviator