Feast on sophisticated seafood at Pompano Beach's McCoy’s Oceanfront
Bite into the Prohibition-influenced fish tavern on Ocean Blvd.
1200 N Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach
The goods: McCoy’s Oceanfront is a stylish fish tavern on Pompano Beach’s Ocean Boulevard.
Ambience: Located in the Pompano Beach Marriott, McCoy’s has a spacious patio, wooden floors, sand-colored banquettes and copper fish art.
The grub: Modern American seafood at upscale prices: Starters $10-$16 and mains $15-$29.
Shrimp cocktail, crispy calamari and lump crab cakes precede pompano, grouper, New England scallops and house-made gnocchi with rock shrimp, saffron and white wine.
Pair entrées with pesto butter, carrot hummus or eggplant relish and end on a sweet note with Key lime pie or house-made sorbet.
Verdict: Nautical comfort food with a sophisticated vibe in Pompano Beach.
- Sneak Peek: Blackbird Ordinary in Brickell unveils new cocktail menu
- Velvet Underground: Mansion nightclub opens 'Cocktails and Dreams' and Craft Spirits Festival kicks off in Coconut Grove
- Register in advance to save on tickets for Ultra Music Festival 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Sept. 26 - 29
- Skrillex brings his Fall Tour to Mansion this Friday
- Go Drink This: The J-Bird Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Sneaker Pimps rejoice at Grand Central with Cam'ron and HaVen South Beach hosts Bar Wars
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 19 - 21
- Go Drink This: Grand Dad's Breakfast
- Velvet Underground: Slap & Tickle pops up underground at FDR and Ball & Chain throws first La Pachanga party