Feast on sophisticated seafood at Pompano Beach's McCoy’s Oceanfront
Bite into the Prohibition-influenced fish tavern on Ocean Blvd.
1200 N Ocean Blvd, Pompano Beach
The goods: McCoy’s Oceanfront is a stylish fish tavern on Pompano Beach’s Ocean Boulevard.
Ambience: Located in the Pompano Beach Marriott, McCoy’s has a spacious patio, wooden floors, sand-colored banquettes and copper fish art.
The grub: Modern American seafood at upscale prices: Starters $10-$16 and mains $15-$29.
Shrimp cocktail, crispy calamari and lump crab cakes precede pompano, grouper, New England scallops and house-made gnocchi with rock shrimp, saffron and white wine.
Pair entrées with pesto butter, carrot hummus or eggplant relish and end on a sweet note with Key lime pie or house-made sorbet.
Verdict: Nautical comfort food with a sophisticated vibe in Pompano Beach.
- Go Drink This: Bellini at Cipriani Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 29 - 31
- Miami Labor Day Weekend Party Guide
- Latin duo Chino y Nacho headlines Aventura Dance Cruise
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 22- 24
- Go Drink This: Spicy Roman at Set Nightclub
- Review: Steam Miami boils with curiosity, but simmers at points
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro