Feast on all things fall at the Coconut Grove Pumpkin Patch Festival
Think pumpkins, hay bale mazes and fair delights
Break out the candy corn – fall arrives in the Magic City this month. The Coconut Grove Pumpkin Patch Festival is bringing pumpkins, hay bale mazes and fair delights to Coconut Grove Sept 29-30. Munchkin Fun, Miami’s kid calendar, spoke with festival founder Vanessa Goodis about all the sweet details.
Tell us about the festival.
It’s a two-day event at Peacock Park and it’s our official kick off of fall. We’ll have over 2,500 different types of pumpkins. Families can pick out their perfect pumpkin then walk over to the creativity tent to decorate. We've got loads of glitter, glue, paint pens and stickers – all they have to do is bring their creativity.
Sounds like a fall bonanza
Yes! Kids can dress their own scarecrows, wander through a hay maze, play on a mobile playground, get their faces painted and beautify with “fair hair,” which transforms hair to look like Dr. Seuss characters. We’ll also have 11 different food vendors and 20 different retailers.
Why did you decide to create the festival?
I feel like South Floridians never get to experience the change of the seasons, why should up north get all the fun? I was born & raised here and I wanted to have that experience.
What are you most excited about?
I’m most excited about the professional photography station we’re having. I’m really looking forward to seeing the pictures - I love the idea of letting families create long lasting memories.
Coconut Grove Pumpkin Patch Family Festival: Sept 29-30; Peacock Park: 2820 McFarlane Rd, Coconut Grove; $10 adults, $5 kids under 12
See and Do
- Egg hunts, Dr. Seuss’s Bday, Legos & Pirates: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 2-8
- Richard Lewis takes the stage at Parker Playhouse in Fort Lauderdale on Friday
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 27-March 1
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16
- President’s Day Weekend Guide 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 13-15