Father Cutié gets Fox show
First South Park, now Father Albert. Father Alberto Cutié announced Tuesday that he's about to get a new TV show that will air in major markets later this year.
First South Park, now Father Albert.
``This really completes our roster,'' said Frank Cicha, senior VP of programming for Fox Television. ``Tyler Perry, Wendy Williams, South Park, Jeremy Kyle and, now, a minister.''
This is Cutié's first English-language talk show, hence the newly dropped `o' in his first name. Previously, he hosted a Spanish-language program on Telemundo, which earned him the nickname ``Father Oprah.''
Cutié became talk-show fodder in 2009 when got caught smooching on the beach with a secret girlfriend, now his wife, Ruhama, whom he left the Roman Catholic church to marry.
The couple recently had a daughter, and Cutié has become an Episcopal priest.
-- STEVE ROTHAUS
MEET THE MAYOR
Cast members of the upcom
ing bilingual drama Hacienda Heights partied it up Miami style Monday night, celebrating the premiere alongside other celebrity guests at Fontainebleau's Arkadia.
HH marks Steven Bauer's return to TV (remember Que Pasa USA ?) with another illustrious local, Julio Iglesias Jr.
It stars the local Scarface star, 54, as an ambitious mayor of a suburban California enclave where two families are pitted against each other. Think Dynasty meets a telenovela.
Channel and air date: TBA.
PRETTY AS A PICTURE
Think your kid is the most adorable thing ever? Is she the next Suri Cruise? Or is he the next Kingston Rossdale?
Well, bring 'em on over to Aventura Mall, where producers from the America's Most Photogenic Baby contest are searching for, well, you know.
Photographers will be on hand 10 a.m.-7 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday, snapping supercute infants up to 5 years old. You pay a $35 entry fee, which includes a professional photo shoot; parents get to keep the 8 by 10's. The judging is in four categories: precious, comical, beautiful and fashionable (no joke).
More info: www.photogenicbaby.com. A portion of proceeds go to the Miami Children's Hospital Foundation.
On Our Radar
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision